Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this is my 3 child i didn't breast feed the other 2 ,with this baby i will be going back to work so i will need a pump.my breast  are large about a 44 dd i was wondering if anyone knows a good pump for large breast ?

by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Replies (21-25):
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:35 PM
It will only make a difference in how much you can pump at that time. Pump output tends to be highest in the early morning and usually non-existent at night. You will still want to be pumping to replace the missed feedings to tell your body to keep making milk, but you might have to pump for the needed feedings when you're home if you don't get much at night. You will only need enough milk for 2-3 ounce bottles to be given every 2-3 hours between nursing sessions. Nursing right before you leave and as soon as you return helps to keep the need to a minimum. You should only need one 2-3 ounce bottle on your short days.

Quoting whitwhit1992:

Quoting aehanrahan: You might not even need to pump during your short days. First thing in the morning might be enough on those days.

Quoting whitwhit1992:

Quoting aehanrahan: How long will you be at work? A manual pump is fine for occasional pumping, but most working moms require a double electric pump.

the longest i will be at work is 8 hours but most days its like 4 or 5 hours i only work 20 to 23 hours a week.

ok thanks i will be working nights dose that make a difference ?

whitwhit1992
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Quoting aehanrahan: It will only make a difference in how much you can pump at that time. Pump output tends to be highest in the early morning and usually non-existent at night. You will still want to be pumping to replace the missed feedings to tell your body to keep making milk, but you might have to pump for the needed feedings when you're home if you don't get much at night. You will only need enough milk for 2-3 ounce bottles to be given every 2-3 hours between nursing sessions. Nursing right before you leave and as soon as you return helps to keep the need to a minimum. You should only need one 2-3 ounce bottle on your short days.

Quoting whitwhit1992:

Quoting aehanrahan: You might not even need to pump during your short days. First thing in the morning might be enough on those days.

Quoting whitwhit1992:

Quoting aehanrahan: How long will you be at work? A manual pump is fine for occasional pumping, but most working moms require a double electric pump.

the longest i will be at work is 8 hours but most days its like 4 or 5 hours i only work 20 to 23 hours a week.

ok thanks i will be working nights dose that make a difference ?

ok i am only going to buy a manual pump then i dont want to spend alot of money on a pump i wont be using much 

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:43 PM
One thing that you will have to learn is that breastfeeding is COMPLETELY different than formula feeding. Read and learn everything that you can. This group and kellymom are great places to start. Come back here and ask anything and everything that comes to mind and we'll help sort through the misinformation that is floating around in our society. One huge difference is that breastmilk amounts never need to increase because the milk changes to meet the growing needs of the baby. Formula can't change, so the amount given has to increase to get the baby the needed nutrition.
whitwhit1992
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting aehanrahan: One thing that you will have to learn is that breastfeeding is COMPLETELY different than formula feeding. Read and learn everything that you can. This group and kellymom are great places to start. Come back here and ask anything and everything that comes to mind and we'll help sort through the misinformation that is floating around in our society. One huge difference is that breastmilk amounts never need to increase because the milk changes to meet the growing needs of the baby. Formula can't change, so the amount given has to increase to get the baby the needed nutrition.

Thank you for the suport i have no clue what i am doing and need to learn alot in the next 6 weeks or less i think she might come before her due date !!!

gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Hie thee to the bookstore and pick up a copy of "So That's What They're For" by Janet Tamaro. It's an easy read; you can have it finished before the end of next week if not sooner. And keep it with you in the hospital.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)