Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reaction from milk?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:13 PM
  • 18 Replies
So we went out to dinner. I drank for the first time since way before I was pregnant. I nurses her right before. I had only one drink. Sex on beach without peach schnapps but with something else. Only one but I didn't want to chance nursing her. We'll she got really fussy. Pushing away food, looking at me and crying. My fiancé said well if it's ok with you why not try cows milk ? She's 1, she will only get little bit and one time only since you're drinking. We'll she drank it, smiled and loved it but then she got very cranky, squirmy and very fussy. At home, not long after that, she throws up and chokes and coughs and screams as if she's being hurt and cries so hard that she's shaking. She's fast asleep now. My poor poor baby. I feel so awful about drinking. But usually when I give her food she would be good for hour or two and then want to nurse.
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:16 PM
One drink? You know how this goes. You should have just nursed her. Congrats on the engagement btw!!!
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:19 PM
I wasn't sure if it was safe. I'm a newb lol yes just one

Quoting mostlymaydays: One drink? You know how this goes. You should have just nursed her. Congrats on the engagement btw!!!
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Aw, poor girl! ☹ Next time, just nurse her. One drink is fine.
ceckyl
by Kyla on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this
A drink is fine. Really. 2 drinks is probably fine. Even 3 if they are spaced.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:23 PM
2 moms liked this
If you weren't buzzed, you were safe to nurse her.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:23 PM
You're no newb!!! Surely you must have read dozens of these posts, safe to drive safe to nurse. Dr. Newman posted research that showed a lot less alcohol transfered to the milk than was previously thought. :-)

Has she had other dairy? Give her a little in a few weeks and see if you get the same reaction. Or just give her water and skip cow milk all together as long as you're still nursing.

Quoting mama-smurf: I wasn't sure if it was safe. I'm a newb lol yes just one

Quoting mostlymaydays: One drink? You know how this goes. You should have just nursed her. Congrats on the engagement btw!!!
collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:48 PM
You could have just nursed her

But yes throwing up then having a tummy ache can be a sign of a milk allergy....however if you have milk products normally it shouldn't have been an issue
polkaspots
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:57 PM
Ds used to have trouble drinking straight whole milk, but was fine with ice cream, cheese, yogurt... Weird thing was he drank my husband's 1% just fine. We usually give him goat milk though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I meant about telling how much can make me buzzed or anything. It's been a long time since I drank. I was nervous what if I did drink too much and got buzzed in middle of nursing session.

Quoting mostlymaydays: You're no newb!!! Surely you must have read dozens of these posts, safe to drive safe to nurse. Dr. Newman posted research that showed a lot less alcohol transfered to the milk than was previously thought. :-)

Has she had other dairy? Give her a little in a few weeks and see if you get the same reaction. Or just give her water and skip cow milk all together as long as you're still nursing.

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:11 PM
She's had yogurt but spit it out immediately. It was 1% milk

Quoting mostlymaydays: You're no newb!!! Surely you must have read dozens of these posts, safe to drive safe to nurse. Dr. Newman posted research that showed a lot less alcohol transfered to the milk than was previously thought. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)