Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

anyone ever go on a road trip with a nursing baby.

Posted by   + Show Post
I have family that live in another state. A friend of mind wants to go on a road trip together. I've never gone on a road trip with a nursing baby before.
Does anyone have any experince with this?
My dd is 9 months now and the drive is about 10 hours if you drive straight through.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:54 AM
Replies (31-34):
Steph_G.
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:59 PM

I went on a 14 hour road trip with a 2 month old, and I've made a 6 hour drive to my parents about 3 times in his 9 months. You definately want to add in a little time. I generally stop twice on the 6 hour drive, but I also found that my son would actually sleep a lot in the car and would just end up nursing more the day after we arrived. I also have a 4 year old, so we would try to coordinate stops at like a Walmart or something so I could nurse in the car while my husband and daughter could go walk around. You should be fine. 

Keda84
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Yes 23 hours I stop every 2 to 3 hours to feed.
mamalynnsmith
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:40 AM
We make two to three trips a year from michigan to Florida each and every year. My youngest was two weeks old when he made the first trip. Stop every few hours make sure you walk around some. Eat and drink like you normally would.when you stop make sure you are in a safe place nurse and change baby at this time.
MJones23
by Meghan on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Yep, many of them. The first was when DD was 5 weeks old. We had to stop every hour for that trip because she was so young and she had severe reflux. Otherwise, no problems. Just stop when baby needs to eat/be changed and make sure you move around and keep the blood flowing too. Also, stay hydrated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)