Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

lip tie (UPDATE)

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 6:26 PM
  • 12 Replies

went to the doctor today to have my DD evaluated for a lip tie. her latch hasent been the best but it has worked well enouph till now. her top 2 teeth have started to seperate, her lips curl when she nurses,her teeth are starting to make endents. her doctor agrees with me that she has a lip tie and is refering me to an ENT. so my question is how do they do it?  oh if any one is in the modesto Ca area and is looking for a great doctor look up Dr. tezo at conerstone family practice.

had an appt at medera childrens hospital for my DD2 lip tie. the doctor looked at it and agreed it was a sever tie. she also looked her tounge and there is no tie there. so that is good. my DD2 is schedraled to have it clipped on the 20th. 

by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:02 PM
This is from our resources sticky about lip ties, where you might find answers to your other questions. But here are a couple CA recommend providers. Some people fly hundreds of miles to find a good provider.

CALIFORNIA
James G. Murphy MD, FAAP Naval Medical Center, San Diego, 34800 Bob Wilson Drive, Suite 201, San Diego, CA 92134. Military dependents only. (619) 532-6863

Dr. James Jesse, DDS
328 E. Commercial Rd.
Suite 104, Loma Linda, CA 92408
Tel: 909-799-9988
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:07 PM
Our sticky with tongue toe resources. Fyi, it seems as though many, many lip ties go hand in hand with posterior tongue ties, which aren't obviously diagnosed.

http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/325/forums/read/19582623/Lip_and_Tongue_Tie_Resources
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:03 PM

They do it either with scissors or a lazer. I'm not too far from you (Calaveras County) and am familiar with providers who revise tongue and lip ties in Nor Cal. I don't know of any in Modesto, but know of some in the SF Bay Area and in Sacramento if you need help finding someone!

How old is she? If they want to put her under general anesthesia it is worth trying another doctor.

thundersky
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:32 PM

she is 10 months old. the doc looked at her tounge and said it looked fine but i will have the ENT look too.

thundersky
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:22 PM

i found this it might help others know what to expect from the procedure.

http://blog.babygizmo.com/2013/03/discovering-and-correcting-lip-tie-on-a-toddler-and-an-infant/

villagemamma
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:56 PM

SOOOO frustrating. i am going through this myself. my son wasnt diagnosed with his lip tie until 4 month and now it has just been such a hassle finding someone that will do it and actually getting it done. It is definitely something to put top priority in though as it causes issues in the future

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:49 PM
I need someone in Sacramento!!! I still need to meet with Jaye.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

They do it either with scissors or a lazer. I'm not too far from you (Calaveras County) and am familiar with providers who revise tongue and lip ties in Nor Cal. I don't know of any in Modesto, but know of some in the SF Bay Area and in Sacramento if you need help finding someone!

How old is she? If they want to put her under general anesthesia it is worth trying another doctor.

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:56 PM

This is who Jaye usually sends people to http://www.drlynnjudd.com

Quoting aehanrahan: I need someone in Sacramento!!! I still need to meet with Jaye.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 20, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Thank you! I'll have to start looking into it. I'm pretty sure that all 3 of us have a PTT.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

This is who Jaye usually sends people to http://www.drlynnjudd.com

Quoting aehanrahan: I need someone in Sacramento!!! I still need to meet with Jaye.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

thundersky
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:07 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN