Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My breastfeeding days have come to a end. 😯

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 6:27 PM
  • 11 Replies
2 moms liked this
For now that is....
Ds is 22 months and has decided boobies, are not for him anymore, lol. Im 14 weeks pregnant and i think my milk has changed. Last week he asked to nurse, sucked twice, said "i big boy", hugged me, & cried. So I told him its ok, & then as he fell asleep i realized oh he is a big boy. And then i started crying, (Darn hormones) 😊 i was going to tandem nurse but i guess he had other plans. Has anyone have a toddler wean while pregnant but start back After the baby is born??
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Feb. 18, 2014 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww, poor mama! Cruz nursed through my pregnancy with Coen and still nurses, but I have heard a lot of toddlers who weaned during pregnancy (even many weaned before pregnancy)start back up after the new baby arrives. He may or may not want to nurse again, but no matter what, 22 months is still awesome. :-) Good job mommy!

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Awww, poor mama! Cruz nursed through my pregnancy with Coen and still nurses, but I have heard a lot of toddlers who weaned during pregnancy (even many weaned before pregnancy)start back up after the new baby arrives. He may or may not want to nurse again, but no matter what, 22 months is still awesome. :-) Good job mommy!

Thanks, I guess its like the first day of school, or graduation. Milestones!!! 

I tried to give him cow milk & OMG I thought he was going to die. He gagged so much he almost threw up. I guess cow milk must really taste bad after almost 2 years of breastmilk. lol.  I do hope he does try to nurse again though, im sure it will cut down on the new baby jealousy.

micheledo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids that weaned, never started back up.  I had to keep nursing through the entire pregnancy in order for them to continue.

Buuuut, I do know others have had a child stop nursing and start back up.  If you really want to tandemn, I would encourage you to get him to latch at least a few times a week.  Maybe when he is almost asleep?  That way you know he won't forget.

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Quoting micheledo:

My kids that weaned, never started back up.  I had to keep nursing through the entire pregnancy in order for them to continue.

Buuuut, I do know others have had a child stop nursing and start back up.  If you really want to tandemn, I would encourage you to get him to latch at least a few times a week.  Maybe when he is almost asleep?  That way you know he won't forget.

Yeah I would try to encourage him especialy at bed time but he didnt want to. He would shake his head and say NO. Now hes just a big time cuddler, : )

Allisonc7910
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww, I'm a big boy, how cute. No help here I'm nursing my first boy! I just thought that was sweet.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww, what a cutie and so hard at thw same time! You can always offer when the baby comes. :)
BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm curious too. I'm due in July and DD2 is 16 months. I wasn't ready for her to stop, but she didn't like my milk anymore I suppose :/ I hope she starts again!

Mrsmayaguy
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
That is really sweet and heartbreaking at the same time. I would've cried too.
My son was weaned while I was pregnant but he never was too interested after she was born. I tried to give him bm in a bottle but he didn't like it much.

Quoting PolishMamma2: For now that is....

Ds is 22 months and has decided boobies, are not for him anymore, lol. Im 14 weeks pregnant and i think my milk has changed. Last week he asked to nurse, sucked twice, said "i big boy", hugged me, & cried. So I told him its ok, & then as he fell asleep i realized oh he is a big boy. And then i started crying, (Darn hormones) 😊 i was going to tandem nurse but i guess he had other plans. Has anyone have a toddler wean while pregnant but start back After the baby is born??
stacy2607
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter did the same thing.. she will be 2 tomorrow, but when she was 15 months old I found out I was pregnant and she just weaned suddenly..I'm sure it was because my milk changed and she didn't like it because up until then she was a total boobie baby....now I have my new baby girl who is 10 days old, I got to start the breastfeeding journey all over again :)
kajira
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope. I think having twins nurse is enough for me since my daughter will be 3 1/2 when they are born.

She weaned over thanksgiving when I found out I was pregnant a week before her 3rd birthday. She told me the milk changed and she didn't like it and that was that.

She still occasionally tries to shove her hands down my shirt to hold them or warm her hands up or whtever I guess... LOL So... I teach her boobies are for babies and if your not a baby, you don't touch mommy's boobies. 

I was kinda hoping to tandem nurse, but it took me so long to get pregnant (2 1/2 years of trying roughly.) that my daughter was done :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)