Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

We're done.

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

At 16 months, Charlotte has decided she is no longer interested in nursing.  And so we are done.

I am having mixed feelings about the whole thing.  In some ways it will be easier and in some ways not so much.  And, while we haven't closed the door to the idea completely, this might be our last baby so I might never get the chance again.

sad

by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KarenM42
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Sorry! That must be hard. Maybe she will change her mind & nurse again.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

When's the last time you nursed? I ask because toddlers have this funny way of not nursing more than once every one or two weeks...and then returning to newborn frequency.

In any event.. great job!

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs        Im right there with you. My ds is 22 mos and stopped nursing last week, Im pregnant and i guess he couldnt deal with the milk change.

Its funny when there nursing every hour its such a pain, but then when that day comes that our little baby is a big boy/girl we miss it!!

It could just be teething or a strike though....

LDavis33
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:12 PM

A week ago.  I offered every day but she has no interest.  I don't think I have much in the way of supply at this point, so even if she changed her mind I don't think she would get anything... :(

Quoting gdiamante:

When's the last time you nursed? I ask because toddlers have this funny way of not nursing more than once every one or two weeks...and then returning to newborn frequency.

In any event.. great job!

BraydensMama163
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:14 PM
You could still pump and offer it to her in a sippy? And maybe she will eventually come back to nursing. They are finikie like that
Merrick17
by Corrine on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:17 PM
Aww. My lo is named Charlotte as well. I don't look forward to weaning. I think it will hurt me more than her, ha. I would be happy to go 16 months tho, great job!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN