Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
how does it take for breast milk to not be n ur breast if ur no longer breast feeding n e more.
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Replies (11-13):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:36 AM
At 3 months you're still very much in the normal range for still having milk. We've commonly seen moms 3 months after weaning who change their minds and are able to easily bring their supply back. Even after 3 months.

Quoting trevion_mommy:

Quoting mostlymaydays: Depo doesn't have estrogen so it won't likely do anything to hasten your milk drying up. How long has it been since you weaned?

almost 3months

Quoting trevion_mommy:

Quoting mostlymaydays: I was able to express some milk for a full year after I weaned. Some women it happens quicker (especially if on estrogen birth control or pregnant) others much longer.

well im on depo

trevion_mommy
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Quoting mostlymaydays: At 3 months you're still very much in the normal range for still having milk. We've commonly seen moms 3 months after weaning who change their minds and are able to easily bring their supply back. Even after 3 months.

Quoting trevion_mommy:

Quoting mostlymaydays: Depo doesn't have estrogen so it won't likely do anything to hasten your milk drying up. How long has it been since you weaned?

almost 3months

Quoting trevion_mommy:

Quoting mostlymaydays: I was able to express some milk for a full year after I weaned. Some women it happens quicker (especially if on estrogen birth control or pregnant) others much longer.

well im on depo

since i havent breast feed in almost 3 months do i can get her to latch on..........

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:52 AM

If you want to try, simply express some milkon thenipple and let her get a taste. She might just surprise you. We've seen it many times.

Quoting trevion_mommy

since i havent breast feed in almost 3 months do i can get her to latch on..........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)