Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

nursed in a room full of men. hilarious.

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:24 AM
  • 36 Replies
9 moms liked this

Had to take my 5 year old to the dentist yesterday and they take FOREVER.  Apparently it was Dad's day or something because there wasn't a single empty seat and I was the only woman there.  One guy was real chatty and we were making small talk.  Remington turned 3 months old on the 12th and was getting super fussy.  The guy says, "Sounds like dinner time."  I said it was and kept bouncing and such hoping my 5 year old would come out and I could go to the car.  The way the waiting room is set up I wasn't confident I could latch without someone catching a glimpse of something.  The guy says, "Feed him, mama!"  So I did.  I used the two shirt method but threw a blanket over us because I felt awkward.  IDK why.

Problem was, Remington REALLY enjoys his nursing sessions.  He coos and oohs and ahhs and slurps and smacks and makes all kinds of happy racket.

I had the entire waiting room of men cracking up.

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Charley427
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:26 AM
He is adorable and awesome job mama. Wish I had the confidence to do it.
Analugojana
by Christine on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:31 AM
That's one cutie patootie. My first one was noisy as well, esp the first few months when I had OAL. Good job, mama!
MinaPR
by Mina on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:33 AM

LOL! That's funny. I LOVE it when they make those happy sounds! It's amazing how something so small could be so loud. My DD makes a lot of funny noises too. Congrats to you for doing the right thing!!!

BTW... very handsome little guy!!

hip2it
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:41 AM
I've nursed a lot of places with this one. My dads funeral. The kids schools. A&m vet. But all places I could latch without facing someone so this was new for me. Haven't run in to any issues besides my grandma telling me before hand to bring something to cover up with so nobody has to see that. So of course I totally didn't. I even dropped the cooler of pumped milk in the church at my dads funeral and my brother had to wake the priest up a few hours later to get it on what he calls my boob juice recovery mission. While I'm the only one in my family to breastfeed the majority are very supportive. The people I've met in public all seem to be closet nursers. I'm of the mind that if he's hungry he's getting fed.

Quoting Charley427: He is adorable and awesome job mama. Wish I had the confidence to do it.
Analugojana
by Christine on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:44 AM
Closet nursers...haha....good one.

Quoting hip2it: I've nursed a lot of places with this one. My dads funeral. The kids schools. A&m vet. But all places I could latch without facing someone so this was new for me. Haven't run in to any issues besides my grandma telling me before hand to bring something to cover up with so nobody has to see that. So of course I totally didn't. I even dropped the cooler of pumped milk in the church at my dads funeral and my brother had to wake the priest up a few hours later to get it on what he calls my boob juice recovery mission. While I'm the only one in my family to breastfeed the majority are very supportive. The people I've met in public all seem to be closet nursers. I'm of the mind that if he's hungry he's getting fed.

Quoting Charley427: He is adorable and awesome job mama. Wish I had the confidence to do it.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:28 AM
Statistics would lead us to believe that most of those dads saw their wives breastfeeding their babies, at least in the beginning. No worries, Mama! :)
hip2it
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:41 AM
I hope so! I don't personally know anyone who has really breastfed but I know there are others out there. :)

Quoting K8wizzo: Statistics would lead us to believe that most of those dads saw their wives breastfeeding their babies, at least in the beginning. No worries, Mama! :)
ShesALady
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:44 AM
Lol...sometimes I think men are more comfortable with it than women. He's adorable!!
cupcake_mom
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:50 AM
That's awesome that the guy was so supportive of a women he just met! Brings back a little faith for me. And the fact that the others were cracking up at your cutie and his noise is even better!
K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Over 80% of moms (I believe I'm remembering last years report right, it's for sure over 70%) start off breastfeeding. They don't all make it for one reason or another, but so many moms try with their newborns. The goal now needs to be education and support when they hit the roadblocks along the way to keep them going.

Quoting hip2it: I hope so! I don't personally know anyone who has really breastfed but I know there are others out there. :)

Quoting K8wizzo: Statistics would lead us to believe that most of those dads saw their wives breastfeeding their babies, at least in the beginning. No worries, Mama! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)