Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I just realized her latch changed eta pic in replies

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:12 PM
  • 25 Replies
Baby's a week shy of three months and I just realized that her latch changed - her top lip no longer curls out no matter what I try. Her bottom lip still looks like duck lips just not the top. Do I need to correct this? She's still emptying both breasts without issue.
I also read a little bit about nursing manners, what is a good age to start? The only issue I have with her is she whips her head back without unlatching.
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelchewning
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Ah yes, Niplash! I have lots of experience with this lol. nursing manners can be started from birth! no clue about the lip thing tho...

Cassie2115
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Hey! I got an envelope from you last week and completely forgot to say thank you! I got sick so I haven't done much more than bare minimum with 3-4 kids in the house lol

Quoting angelchewning:

Ah yes, Niplash! I have lots of experience with this lol. nursing manners can be started from birth! no clue about the lip thing tho...

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Check for lip tie and post a pic.
angelchewning
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:30 PM

oh youre welcome. they keep sending me those coupons so i figure ill keep FWDing them to you!

Quoting Cassie2115: Hey! I got an envelope from you last week and completely forgot to say thank you! I got sick so I haven't done much more than bare minimum with 3-4 kids in the house lol

Quoting angelchewning:

Cassie2115
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:31 PM
I've never gotten coupons like that so I was pretty excited!

Quoting angelchewning:

oh youre welcome. they keep sending me those coupons so i figure ill keep FWDing them to you!

Quoting Cassie2115: Hey! I got an envelope from you last week and completely forgot to say thank you! I got sick so I haven't done much more than bare minimum with 3-4 kids in the house lol

Quoting angelchewning:

Cassie2115
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Would she have lip tie if she was latching correctly before?

Quoting mama-smurf: Check for lip tie and post a pic.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:35 PM
Yea. In beginning my daughter latched on correct but after month or two it changed.

Quoting Cassie2115: Would she have lip tie if she was latching correctly before?

Cassie2115
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Mobile Photo

That's the best I could get. She wouldn't let me get the bottom. She kept sticking her tongue out lol
Cassie2115
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Just posted one

Quoting mama-smurf: Yea. In beginning my daughter latched on correct but after month or two it changed.

Quoting Cassie2115: Would she have lip tie if she was latching correctly before?

thundersky
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:06 PM

that looks like a  lip tie to me

Quoting Cassie2115:

Mobile Photo

That's the best I could get. She wouldn't let me get the bottom. She kept sticking her tongue out lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)