Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Men disgust me EDIT**

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:23 PM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

Well, not all men, but one of them. I'm breastfeeding/pumping while going to college full-time at a tech school and they have been very accommodating, but yesterday I got pulled into the director's office because someone made a complaint about my CLEAN and STERILE pump parts sitting on the counter OUT OF THE WAY. WTF?! They said they didn't want to see them?! It's just pieces of plastic! Maybe I should start randomly placing pictures of breastfeeding women around campus, there aren't any cameras...

EDIT**: I've thought of a more mature way of handling the situation, I've written an e-mail to the director (but I haven't sent it yet) asking to have a sit down with her and my accuser to clear the air, here's what it says:

Hi,

I've been thinking about our conversation and the more I think about it the more it bothers me. I realize you're just doing your job, you can't make everyone happy, and you're not obligated to accommodate me in any way to allow me to pump. That's why I have tried not to make a fuss because I don't want you to say I can't pump at  school at all.
What's bothering me is that some random guy was so disgusted by me that he had to come to you about this and didn't have the nerve to say anything to me, it makes me feel ostracized.
I think I would feel better if I could sit down with you and the one who made the complaint to clear the air if that's possible.

Thank you.

Sincerely, blah blah blah.

What do you think? Besides the blah blah blah part?

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CorbinsMumma
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:25 PM
To *some people* its the equivalent of a tampon :-/ its screwed up but if you have time maybe shove it in a bag
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:27 PM

oh goodness! I bet he is single and young,not around any kids. If he ever has kids he will have a very rude awakening (babies are messy!)

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
That's ridiculous! I like your idea about the pictures around campus!
angelchewning
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Ugh so annoying. I would flyer campus too. Toss them in your bag to avoid further annoyance.
Irish_mama_2011
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:09 PM

It is nowhere near a tampon, but I get what you mean. I have a breast pump bag, but I had just cleaned my parts using the microwave sterilizing bags and I had no way to try them so I didn't want to put them in my bag wet.

Quoting CorbinsMumma: To *some people* its the equivalent of a tampon :-/ its screwed up but if you have time maybe shove it in a bag

Irish_mama_2011
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Most likely, there are a lot of punk ass kids there. I think I will just bring my own cleaning supplies and ask my clinic teacher if I can keep it in the cuboard in the class room because I pump on that floor, so no one will have to see my icky booby equipment.

Quoting Precious333:

oh goodness! I bet he is single and young,not around any kids. If he ever has kids he will have a very rude awakening (babies are messy!)

Irish_mama_2011
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:13 PM

There's a sink in my clinic class and that's the floor where I pump anyway, so I'm going to ask my teacher if I can keep a bottle brush and bottle of dish soap in the cupboard.

Quoting angelchewning: Ugh so annoying. I would flyer campus too. Toss them in your bag to avoid further annoyance.

Irish_mama_2011
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, I'm a firm believer in "don't get mad, get even."

Quoting aehanrahan: That's ridiculous! I like your idea about the pictures around campus!

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Ditto! :-)

Quoting aehanrahan: That's ridiculous! I like your idea about the pictures around campus!

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Lol

Quoting Irish_mama_2011:

Most likely, there are a lot of punk ass kids there. I think I will just bring my own cleaning supplies and ask my clinic teacher if I can keep it in the cuboard in the class room because I pump on that floor, so no one will have to see my icky booby equipment.

Quoting Precious333:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)