Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Nursing aversion when tandem nursing

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:41 AM
  • 13 Replies

Having such an issue with my older guy when I nurse...we rarely if ever nurse at the same time..my nurslings are 7 months and 3 years 10 months.  Its the older that really gets my nerves.  His latch is good, but if he gets lazy for one second then the whole session is pure hell for me aversion wise.  I found laying down when nursing theres no aversion at all, but he doesnt want to lay down to nurse.

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:17 AM
I'm going through the same exact thing. I've taken to eating every time the older one nurses. He spends more time nursing than the baby, it's ridiculous. Damien starts nursing, I feed the baby and Damien is still nursing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I have to hold my breast while he nurses  otherwise he could get the wrong angle or whatever and it irks my nerves and I am done.  He gets hysterical if I have to cut him off nursing.  He is so tired when he asks to nurse too so he is almost asleep within 3 min but nurses a good 20.

jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Mine are 3mo and 2yr8mo and I can hardly stand to nurse my toddler! It really makes me cringe and I don't let her nurse as much as she/I would like:(
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:45 PM

I feel exactly the same, but Cruz nurses all day, and he thinks he has to nurse every time Coen nurses! It irritates me even more when I'm nursing both of them at once. I always have to hold/pinch my breast while Cruz nurses, and it's quite difficult because Coen still has a tendency to slip off and then violently shakes his head back and forth, unsuccessfully searching for my nipple. :-/ It will be a miracle if I make it to August when Cruz turns 3, at which point I may reconsider letting him self-wean.....then again weaning him while still nusing DS2 seems like an impossibility, lol.

Ugh!!!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I have to hold my breast while he nurses  otherwise he could get the wrong angle or whatever and it irks my nerves and I am done.  He gets hysterical if I have to cut him off nursing.  He is so tired when he asks to nurse too so he is almost asleep within 3 min but nurses a good 20.

comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:52 PM
I'm having HUGE aversions with my 30 month old and nursing wants boobies ALL.THE.TIME
I have to put limits on him or he'd literally be attached all day

And when he falls asleep, OMG he CLAMPS down so hard
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Amanda, I'm seriously amazed that you're still nursing both with the PTTs!

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

I feel exactly the same, but Cruz nurses all day, and he thinks he has to nurse every time Coen nurses! It irritates me even more when I'm nursing both of them at once. I always have to hold/pinch my breast while Cruz nurses, and it's quite difficult because Coen still has a tendency to slip off and then violently shakes his head back and forth, unsuccessfully searching for my nipple. :-/ It will be a miracle if I make it to August when Cruz turns 3, at which point I may reconsider letting him self-wean.....then again weaning him while still nusing DS2 seems like an impossibility, lol.

Ugh!!!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Lol, me too! I wish I could take them to Dr. Kotlow!!! At least the pain is tolerable, not excruciating like for some moms with tongue-tied babies. If I had never learned of the significance of nursing until at least 2, self-weaning, etc.Cruz would be long-weaned and I'd be excited to start weaning Coen in 7 months, but fortunately (or unfortunately, lol) I know better. The only thing that keeps me at it is knowing it's best for them.

Quoting aehanrahan: Amanda, I'm seriously amazed that you're still nursing both with the PTTs!
Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Ugh!!!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

MamaCeleste0722
by Celeste on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:40 PM
I can empathize!I hated tandem nursing my twins, too! I nursed them separately for the most part. Then they became toddlers and when one nursed, the other one HAD to nurse too lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:21 PM

So glad I am not alone...if only he wouldnurse in bed!

Aandie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Your not alone! Nursing my 2.5 yr old and my 4 month old at the same time is pure hell, it's more being touched out for me though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)