Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

The View

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:13 PM
  • 20 Replies

I haven't seen anyone post about it or maybe I just missed it.
Im curious if any of you moms watched The View on Wednesday. Im sure there is a clip on you tube.

Basically they spoke about the issue with Breastfeeding and cover ups and flying on Delta airlines.

Barbara basically reitereated her point that nursing makes her uncomfortable.  Whoopi said it was Ew and shouldnt be done in public.

I was SHOCKED to watch these women who supposedly love to empower woman act as if Nursing was something that should only be done at home....

I went on their fb page and left my two cents. There were post after post of women who were disgusted with them.  I watched them yesterday expecting an apology of some sort....I watched it as long as my eyes could stay open  (about 35 mins) and then I fell asleep nursing my LO. I didnt hear them say a thing about the backlash.....

Just wanted your thoughts.

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:43 PM
3 moms liked this
You'll see my post on their page, sharing the New Mothers Are Exhibitionists video as well as the spoken word video Embarrassed by Holly McNish.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:48 PM
4 moms liked this
I stopped watching that show years ago due to their ignorance about breastfeeding.
robibuni
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:50 PM
I don't watch that crap. Its like Fox News to me, lol...too conservative for my views :P
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:19 PM

I didnt watch it but they have always been that way about BFing

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:35 PM

I don't watch either, but that beyond irritates me!

steffiecox
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:42 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't have cable. Wouldn't watch if I did. If someone has a problem with me breastfeeding they can go suck a butt!
jaxons_mama
by Allyson on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Don't watch it. Never had but that upsets me.
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Exactly

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I didnt watch it but they have always been that way about BFing

tinkerkowski
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:09 PM
That video from Holly gave me goose bumps

Quoting K8wizzo: You'll see my post on their page, sharing the New Mothers Are Exhibitionists video as well as the spoken word video Embarrassed by Holly McNish.
sweetieiv
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Post the link here so I can read the comments of upset mothers please. I think that public people should sometimes keep their oppinions away from the cameras bexause they end up angering people abd ruining their own careers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN