Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

5 more days

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:00 AM
  • 7 Replies

Mobile Photo

And Jay has only had breast milk for 8 weeks :) and I'll be honest I'm ready to give up he is fussy at the breast and a VERY slow nurser.
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Totally normal--growth spurt behavior and perhaps dealing with overactive letdown/oversupply, which can be managed with reclined nursing and block feeding if necessary. They get more efficient as time goes by, and nursing gets easier. How is his weight gain and diaper count? He may also be high needs, in which case moving to formula would not help and might make him fussier. Was he ever checked for lip or tongue ties? There is a post in the resources sticky from Poodlemum with pictures, links and a list of reputable providers by state who revise ties if they are present.
Hoevegirl1986
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:21 AM
His weight is great he was 6lbs 10oz when he was born and a few weeks ago he was 8lbs 1oz I knew he's getting enough bc we go throw alot of diapers and it's poop just about every diaper. I know it'll get Easyer my 2 1/2 year old is still bfing. I think I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Totally normal--growth spurt behavior and perhaps dealing with overactive letdown/oversupply, which can be managed with reclined nursing and block feeding if necessary. They get more efficient as time goes by, and nursing gets easier. How is his weight gain and diaper count? He may also be high needs, in which case moving to formula would not help and might make him fussier. Was he ever checked for lip or tongue ties? There is a post in the resources sticky from Poodlemum with pictures, links and a list of reputable providers by state who revise ties if they are present.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Hang in there! You're officially a SuperMom in my book for tandem nursing! You can set limits with your older child if you need to. I have also read on this forum that a calcium/magnesium supplement for you will help with the overwhelmed feeling.
JackAttacks
by Angel on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Hang in there mama! Great job.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:01 PM
I completely agree with Maggie!!!
I'm wondering if he might have ties since you mentioned that he's a slow nurser.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Hang in there! You're officially a SuperMom in my book for tandem nursing! You can set limits with your older child if you need to. I have also read on this forum that a calcium/magnesium supplement for you will help with the overwhelmed feeling.
jaxons_mama
by Allyson on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Great job! Keep it up m. Hang in there you can do it!!
Hoevegirl1986
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:17 PM
I had him looked at and his not tied :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN