Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

how much?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:08 PM
  • 16 Replies
milk should I have for an overnight thing? my 3 month old will be staying at my grandmas for a night next weekend. I want to make sure she has enough. she'll probably need enough for about 15 hours. from like 7pm to 10am the next day. I would nurse before I drop her off.

also, she tends to drink from the bottle really fast. like faster than I've ever seen a baby drink a bottle. I think the nipple is a medium flow. its a step up from slow flow.
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:22 PM
15 oz, and go get the slowest flow nipples you can find. Also print off the how to bottlefeed a breastfed baby article from Kelly mom. Good luck, you're a very brave woman!! :)
jamie101789
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:26 PM
why am I a very brave woman? lol

Quoting SewingMamaLele: 15 oz, and go get the slowest flow nipples you can find. Also print off the how to bottlefeed a breastfed baby article from Kelly mom. Good luck, you're a very brave woman!! :)
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:42 PM
2 moms liked this

For me personally-my babies go no where that young.  My 15 month old has yet to spend a night away from me.  I am stressing because I am 9 weeks pregnant and when this baby is born he wil be away from me for 2 nights.  

Quoting jamie101789: why am I a very brave woman? lol
Quoting SewingMamaLele: 15 oz, and go get the slowest flow nipples you can find. Also print off the how to bottlefeed a breastfed baby article from Kelly mom. Good luck, you're a very brave woman!! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Mar. 6, 2014 at 5:26 PM
No medium flow nipples--only slow flow forever. Look up "Bottle-feeding the Breastfed Baby" on kellymom. Baby gets 1-1.25oz per hour of separation, so 15-19/20oz? Less if you nurse at drop off and pick up.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 6, 2014 at 5:26 PM

15-19 ounces. Back to the slowest flow nipple; you never go off that.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Mar. 6, 2014 at 5:29 PM
This. Tell grandma to do paced feedings, bottles no larger than 3 oz.

Quoting LeapBaby123: No medium flow nipples--only slow flow forever. Look up "Bottle-feeding the Breastfed Baby" on kellymom. Baby gets 1-1.25oz per hour of separation, so 15-19/20oz? Less if you nurse at drop off and pick up.
jamie101789
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 6:52 PM
would it be 3 ounces every three hours then? I did look at the kellymom.com site..

Quoting K8wizzo: This. Tell grandma to do paced feedings, bottles no larger than 3 oz.

Quoting LeapBaby123: No medium flow nipples--only slow flow forever. Look up "Bottle-feeding the Breastfed Baby" on kellymom. Baby gets 1-1.25oz per hour of separation, so 15-19/20oz? Less if you nurse at drop off and pick up.
jamie101789
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 7:09 PM
level 1 newborn flow or level 2 slow flow?

Quoting gdiamante:

15-19 ounces. Back to the slowest flow nipple; you never go off that.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Mar. 6, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Yes, and level 1 nipple unless there's a level 0.

Quoting jamie101789: would it be 3 ounces every three hours then? I did look at the kellymom.com site..

Quoting K8wizzo: This. Tell grandma to do paced feedings, bottles no larger than 3 oz.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Newborn or preemie.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN