Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

She's never been sick...Good or bad?

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:16 PM
  • 12 Replies
So my 10 month old has never been sick. I'm obviously happy on one hand. But isn't it bad to a degree that she hasn't been because she isn't building up immunities to anything?
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:18 PM

My daughter was never sick until her 3rd birthday and then it was just a 24 hour sickness,done and over.Even now at 7 yrs old she's only been sick a few times and each time was very mild.I don't see it as a bad thing because it shows that she HAS built immunity to things!

coffeemom37043
by Dare on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:22 PM
That's one way to look at it :)

Quoting MrsApple:

My daughter was never sick until her 3rd birthday and then it was just a 24 hour sickness,done and over.Even now at 7 yrs old she's only been sick a few times and each time was very mild.I don't see it as a bad thing because it shows that she HAS built immunity to things!

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Yeah, I think wr build up immunities just by being around people and things, you donr have to get sick to build up your immune system.
coffeemom37043
by Dare on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Well my parents are saying I don't give her the chance to do that because I'm a SAHM and we don't go out too much because my SO has the car all the time

Quoting Precious333: Yeah, I think wr build up immunities just by being around people and things, you donr have to get sick to build up your immune system.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:30 PM
That could be one reason she hasnt gotten sick, but I dont see that as a bad thing at all.

Quoting coffeemom37043: Well my parents are saying I don't give her the chance to do that because I'm a SAHM and we don't go out too much because my SO has the car all the time

Quoting Precious333: Yeah, I think wr build up immunities just by being around people and things, you donr have to get sick to build up your immune system.
Merrick17
by Corrine on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:15 PM
My daughter is 5 months and hasn't been sick yet. She is home most of the time with dad and I work. We take her everywhere with us on weekends and she comes and visits me at work, an hour away, on the bus and still nothing. I'm sure I bring all my work germs home with me, lol. I wouldn't worry.

I, on the other hand, have been pretty sick 2x since she was born and she has not, my husband caught one of the colds from me. Germs are literally everywhere. She probably has built up real good immunities.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Mine never got sick till he was two. And when he started catching colds at daycare, it was no worse than any other child.

NicLof2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 2:38 AM
This

GoodyBrook
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 4:17 AM

While DH, our eldest, and I were throwing up all night with a stomach virus, my nursling was unscathed.  Don't know how he avoided the virus--mama's milk, perhaps?

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
It's not bad at all and is pretty common with breastfed babies who aren't in daycare. My daughter had a very very minor cold at 15 months as her first illness and will be 3 in June and hasn't been sick again. Taking kids out for the sole purpose of exposing them to germs is ridiculous. I hear about people taking their kids to "chicken pox parties" and I'm appalled.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN