Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Lopsided boobs help!?

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:16 PM
  • 12 Replies
When my dd was a baby (born October 2011) we struggled to breastfeed for about 8 months I asked for help from many people the first month or so but then got tired of the constant new random strangers handling my boobs I don't even like hugs from family I hated these random people touching me. I kept telling my dr something had to be wrong my dd honetly seemed to hate nursing! She would nurse very very briefly then scream for a long time. I got told to try different positions eat different things and eventually "she'll eat when she's hungry" but she didn't and she went a few checkups without gaining anything which worried me but they brushed it off. Finally when she was about 8 months old I could hardly get her to nurse at all each nursing session resulted in both of us sobbing and with much support from my neighbor and dear friend I gave up and switched to formula. Dd started growing and all was calm and much less stressful. I found out about six months ago on my own that she has a lip tie and it was most likely making it hard to latch so she was probably crying from frustration poor baby.

Anyway the struggles we had nursing resulted in my once even (or at least as far as I could tell) breasts becoming drastically lopsided. I hoped that once they dried up they would even out again but they didn't and it really bothers me. I tried googling but all I could find was solutions while nursing my question is can I use those same tricks to help even them out when I start nursing my coming child or would the lapse in nursing make them ineffective?
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Hmmm, i dont know. Mine even up more once my milk supply was more established.
MrsSumner3
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Thanks :) guess I'll find out eventually one way or another *sigh*

Quoting Precious333: Hmmm, i dont know. Mine even up more once my milk supply was more established.
CrossStitchMum
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:36 PM
Lol I would have to be the queen of lopsided boobs. My eldest refused to eat from the left side so for 16 months she only used the right side, and I've realised with my other 3 it's been habit to feed almost always from that side except when they were really little and I knew they needed both, and the left would hurt if I didn't. So now my right side is at least 1 size bigger if not more than the left. I say it's 1 of my quirks lol, and I'll fix it with a boob lift 1 day when I get to goal weight
kadiee
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:57 PM
I also have different sized boobs!! Seriously one is a nice C and the other is a tiny A. Lol I want to start pumping the smaller one but I'm too lazy and she would rather just drink from the tap. Lol
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Mine weaned 12 years ago. Lopsided to this day. But I grew up in a family where lopsided was a badge of honor and anything else was to be pitied. **grin** (My husband doesn't see the lopsidedness.)

MrsSumner3
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 2:06 PM
Lol guess that's always a solution

Quoting CrossStitchMum: Lol I would have to be the queen of lopsided boobs. My eldest refused to eat from the left side so for 16 months she only used the right side, and I've realised with my other 3 it's been habit to feed almost always from that side except when they were really little and I knew they needed both, and the left would hurt if I didn't. So now my right side is at least 1 size bigger if not more than the left. I say it's 1 of my quirks lol, and I'll fix it with a boob lift 1 day when I get to goal weight
MrsSumner3
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 2:07 PM
So how do you deal with the whole bra issue? Mine seem about a size different and bra shopping is really frustrating.

Quoting kadiee: I also have different sized boobs!! Seriously one is a nice C and the other is a tiny A. Lol I want to start pumping the smaller one but I'm too lazy and she would rather just drink from the tap. Lol
MrsSumner3
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Lol well confidence is always better it really bugs me though. Guess we'll see if I can even em out with baby number two when he gets here.

Quoting gdiamante:

Mine weaned 12 years ago. Lopsided to this day. But I grew up in a family where lopsided was a badge of honor and anything else was to be pitied. **grin** (My husband doesn't see the lopsidedness.)

MrsSumner3
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Btw love the TARDIS picture ;)

Quoting gdiamante:

kadiee
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 7:25 PM
I don't wear a bra. I use like sports bras, only they aren't racer back, they are regular tank. I get them at Walmart in a set of 3. I use nursing pads to help with "headlights" lol

Quoting MrsSumner3: So how do you deal with the whole bra issue? Mine seem about a size different and bra shopping is really frustrating.

Quoting kadiee: I also have different sized boobs!! Seriously one is a nice C and the other is a tiny A. Lol I want to start pumping the smaller one but I'm too lazy and she would rather just drink from the tap. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN