Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

BF Withdrawls

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:22 AM
  • 11 Replies
Has anyone else been through this? Ive had a mopey day. I mean like im so "depressed" that I just want to go back to bed. Its been over a month since ds officially weaned. By today ive had the most overwhelming need to scoop him up and put him to my breast. I haven't but its really brought me down. I don't even know what triggered it. Sigh. Tell me im not alone.
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:31 AM
I was like that for a while when I weaned my dd. She will be 3 in June and I'm currently 9 months pregnant. I'm kind of curious if she will want to start nursing again once the baby comes.
GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:32 AM
When did you wean dd? How long did this last? I haven't felt like this at all until today. My ds will be 3in june too.

Quoting Junebaby18: I was like that for a while when I weaned my dd. She will be 3 in June and I'm currently 9 months pregnant. I'm kind of curious if she will want to start nursing again once the baby comes.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:09 AM
Quoting GoldenLinds: When did you wean dd? How long did this last? I haven't felt like this at all until today. My ds will be 3in june too.

Quoting Junebaby18: I was like that for a while when I weaned my dd. She will be 3 in June and I'm currently 9 months pregnant. I'm kind of curious if she will want to start nursing again once the baby comes.

I actually had to wean her at about 29 months due to me having nursing aversions. So that would be around December. I think if I wasn't pregnant, I would feel like that more than I do now.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:47 AM
I had that when I weaned dd. She was three months old and nursing was extremely painful, but after a few days of not nursing at all I was miserable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Mar. 10, 2014 at 6:18 AM
1 mom liked this
It's very common to have depressive feelings after weaning.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Mar. 10, 2014 at 6:23 AM
I had pronounced periods of depression like that after all 4 of mine weaned. Hormones :-(
Analugojana
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm kinda am scared of this. I am prone to depressions and now I finally love brestfeeding. The end is nowhere in sight though for us though at 16 months. She nurses like a newborn. I feel for you. Extra cuddles might help.
GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:07 AM
Ok. Im glad its normal. It just hit me out of nowhere. I was surprised it was a month later and not right after.

Quoting mostlymaydays: I had pronounced periods of depression like that after all 4 of mine weaned. Hormones :-(
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:41 AM
That's about when it hit me. It took me a whole to connect the dots since it *wasnt* immediate. (My 4 weaned 15 months at the earliest to 39 months at the latest). The month sort of makes sense because thars also when my period snuck back so there must be some hormonal timing there. :-(

Quoting GoldenLinds: Ok. Im glad its normal. It just hit me out of nowhere. I was surprised it was a month later and not right after.

Quoting mostlymaydays: I had pronounced periods of depression like that after all 4 of mine weaned. Hormones :-(
GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:48 AM
I completely believe that its hormonal. Im about to start my first period since we quit and I guess its making a big difference. I mean I've had a cycle for over a year but this one feels different. I guess thats just goid news for trc again.

Quoting mostlymaydays: That's about when it hit me. It took me a whole to connect the dots since it *wasnt* immediate. (My 4 weaned 15 months at the earliest to 39 months at the latest). The month sort of makes sense because thars also when my period snuck back so there must be some hormonal timing there. :-(

Quoting GoldenLinds: Ok. Im glad its normal. It just hit me out of nowhere. I was surprised it was a month later and not right after.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN