Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Mothers Milk Tea?.....

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:27 AM
  • 14 Replies
Just saw today a box of Mothers Milk tea when purchasing some regular tea. Never heard of it. Was wondering how effective it is for lactating? I will be 37 wks Saturday and def breastfeeding. And i love tea! So if this helps i wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Thoughts? Or any other recommendations for an increase in breast milk.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TurtleMami
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:42 AM
Haven't tried it but I heard it works.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:10 AM
You can use it after you give birth if you need to. I have several friends that have, I never needed to.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this
You can use it after baby is born. Very effective at boosting supply if there's a problem. Doesn't taste very good, though.
Vix920
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this
The IBCLC who I see said that it's not as potent as just taking blessed thistle and fenugreek supplements. She said a cup is equivalent to 1 capsule and she has me taking 3 capsules to boost my supply. Plus people say it tastes bad.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this
No need for it if you do not have supply problems. It is not like regular tea; it has a strange taste. Best thing you can do is put baby to breast early and often, allow nothing in baby's mouth but your nipple. Keep baby skin-to-skin with you even when not actively nursing. Read posts here and on kellymom.com. Two books: "So That's What They're For" by Janet Tamaro and "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" from La Leche League.
hip2it
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:40 AM
Idk if it works bc I could never get more than a sip or two down. It's disgusting.
melindabelcher
by mel on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:15 AM
It's gets expensive very quick seeing as you would need to drink 3 disgusting cups a day.
You aren't likely to have any needs for supply boosters as long as you bf o' demand from.day 1
NCJen84
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:16 AM

Its a aquired taste, if i spelled that right! I can't see an increase in supply though from it. maybe its just me.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:47 AM

it takes 3-5 cups a day to do anything..it takes like licorice

missythorp
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I drink about 4 cups a day and am afraid to stop drinking it. I drink a couple of more cups a day when my cycle starts. I also take fenugreek during that time. I have a bad dip in supply. I don't know if it helps or not. But I am not willing to chance it either.

Plus I like the taste of it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN