Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WE DID IT!!! (and other things...)

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:42 PM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this

Well ladies, Nathan and I did it! WE MET OUT GOAL OF NURSING FOR A YEAR!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO! We celebrated his first year birthday on Friday, March 7th and Im so happy! After the experience I had with my first child with nursing, I didnt think it would happen, but with all the help and encouragement from you ladies all the time, 24-7, we did it! We battled severe OAL and OS, thrush multiple times and even a nursing strike. Thank you thank you thank you for helping me give my child the best food he could possibly have. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! :-)

And in other news....how will it be now???? What can I expect in nursing now? He still nurses 4 times a day and 2 times at night.....uggg, will it slow down soon? Can I expect him to want to nurse less as time goes on? What signs can I look for that he's loosing interest or wanting to wean? Im not ready for him to be done, and it doesnt look like he is either, but I would just like to know what to expect in nursing this second year. TIA! MMUUAAHH!!!

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

WAY TO GO!!!

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

And in other news....how will it be now???? What can I expect in nursing now?  He still nurses 4 times a day and 2 times at night.....uggg, will it slow down soon? It will probably slow down, and then pick up and then slow down, pick up and slow down until he is weaned. Can I expect him to want to nurse less as time goes on? yes and no What signs can I look for that he's loosing interest or wanting to wean? WEaning is a gradual process, starting from when you first introduced solids, most don't self wean until well after 2 years old and it really depends on how you approach it and the child's personalities. Im not ready for him to be done, and it doesnt look like he is either, but I would just like to know what to expect in nursing this second year. TIA! MMUUAAHH!!! Just continue nursing on demand (whenever he asks for it) and just let nature take it's course. Don't offer, don't refuse and it could take years until he is ready to be done.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay! Congratulations and happy birthday, Nathan! :) My Nathan will be 4 next week and we'll celebrate a full year of being weaned the following week. At this point you can give solids before nursing, though my Nathan thought I had lost my mind when I tried that and always nursed before solids until 18 months. Weaning will happen very slowly if you let him lead until you get to a day when you realize he didn't nurse at all, and then later you'll notice it's been a week. If you want to give him a gentle nudge, you can do that as well.
amc103
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:11 PM

thank you so much for the information, ladies!!!! Its nice to know what to exect! :-) HUGS to you both! :-) 

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Congratulations, Alli!!! Is he REALLY a year old already??? 😊
Julia and Kate covered your questions. I just continued the same as before and followed Johnathan's lead.
Kellileanne
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:56 PM
We are at 19+ months and some days she nurses three times through the days and other days it feels like I have a newborn again. She still nurses twice a night, sometimes up to 4 times a night.
spitfire06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:59 PM
good job! ! wtg! hugs
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)