Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

8 months, 100% breast milk, 18lb 8ozs!!!

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:47 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

At docs appointment today he called me a crunchy mama. He says he hasn't seen a mom do exclusive breastfeeding, baby wearing, cloth diaper, organic food, and natural remedies in over 20 years! LOL!

Don't know if it was a compliment or not but I felt proud. My DD is almost 8 months, weights 18lb and 8ozs, she's happy and healthy, so, all those "crunchy" things must be working. Right?

Thank you all for your help. We wouldn't be doing so good without you ladies!!!
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaxons_mama
by Allyson on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:33 PM
That's great. She is a doll
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:14 PM
I'm mostly a crunchy mom like that though I fell off the diaper Wagon. It's sad that those things are so "strange" to so many. :-/ She looks great. Keep doing what you're doing. You can *see* the good results.
stargaze281
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:27 PM
that's wonderful and keep it up
Allisonc7910
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Lol, I'm very much like that too, besides diapers. My 5 mo old was 18 pounds 9 ounces last check! Your dd is adorable.
melindabelcher
by mel on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:41 AM
Way to go crunchy mama!
Shes beautiful keep up the good work!
MinaPR
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:33 AM

Thanks!

Would like to say I began cloth diapering to save the environment but that is not true! The truth is I started it to help her because she got bad diaper rash after a bad bout of thrush... it really works... and because cloth diapers are soooo darn cute! LOL! After a while I did the math and noticed how much money I was saving in diapers, so that's a plus. Wish I had found the "Cloth Diapering Mamas" group earlier!

Quoting Allisonc7910: Lol, I'm very much like that too, besides diapers. My 5 mo old was 18 pounds 9 ounces last check! Your dd is adorable.

MinaPR
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Yeah, it is sad breast feeding is so uncommon... If you think it is bad in the 50 states, you have no idea how bad it is down here in Puerto Rico, it's a "rarity"! The doctor was very impressed I was "still" breast feeding at 8 months, and he even looked confused when I told him this time around I was planning on letting her self wean... It is the sad truth...

Quoting mostlymaydays: I'm mostly a crunchy mom like that though I fell off the diaper Wagon. It's sad that those things are so "strange" to so many. :-/ She looks great. Keep doing what you're doing. You can *see* the good results.

MinaPR
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:38 AM

Thanx!

Quoting melindabelcher: Way to go crunchy mama! Shes beautiful keep up the good work!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:22 AM

crunchy is fine and perfect, she looks great momma!

JackAttacks
by Angel on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:17 AM

crunchy is the way to go! were the same way....except for the cloth diaper thing. im sure it isnt any more difficult than disposable i just cant wrap my head around putting poo in my wash machine on a regular basis.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)