Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pump advice

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:31 PM
  • 10 Replies
I have the medela in style but I don't feel it's doing it's job. My insurance is giving me a hard time about renting the symphony . My options from them are the hygenia q, or ameda purely yours. Anyone have experience? Are they just like the medela ? I'm also looking up the medela lactina on ebay. Anyone use that one ? In need of reviews
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Hygeia! Best of the bunch.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:12 AM
Hygeia
MinaPR
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:18 AM

If your insurance is giving you a Hygeia, get it!The Hygeia will do the same job as the Lactina, so it's not worth investing the money. I recently sold my Lactina on ebay (I was using the Hygeia more because of size), it is a great pump, but since I've tried them both, I can tell you they have the same power and suction, so, take the free one! LOL!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:30 AM

I personally am not a fan of the lactina, it has no letdown feature and I dont feel it was at all better than my PISA or Freestyle.

I would go with a hygeia for sure.

Whats up with the pump in style thats not pleasing you?

rwcw89
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:27 AM
They hygeia q, not the enjoye .. Oh well out if my choices I'll probably get the q

Quoting MinaPR:

If your insurance is giving you a Hygeia, get it!The Hygeia will do the same job as the Lactina, so it's not worth investing the money. I recently sold my Lactina on ebay (I was using the Hygeia more because of size), it is a great pump, but since I've tried them both, I can tell you they have the same power and suction, so, take the free one! LOL!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:29 AM

All hygeia are closed systems so they are worth it

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:02 PM

It's the same pump except the Q does not have a record button, there isn't a handle and it doesn't have an internal battery. The motor and performance are the same. The Q is only sold to insurance companies and the Enjoye is sold retail. It performs like a hospital grade pump.

Quoting rwcw89: They hygeia q, not the enjoye .. Oh well out if my choices I'll probably get the q
Quoting MinaPR:

rwcw89
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:47 PM
Awesome thank you!

Quoting stepconfused182:

It's the same pump except the Q does not have a record button, there isn't a handle and it doesn't have an internal battery. The motor and performance are the same. The Q is only sold to insurance companies and the Enjoye is sold retail. It performs like a hospital grade pump.

Quoting rwcw89: They hygeia q, not the enjoye .. Oh well out if my choices I'll probably get the q
Quoting MinaPR:

KikiB85
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:05 PM
My insurance gave me the ameda. I have to put speed/suction to highest for best effectiveness. Overall tho its fine. I don't pump a ton.. i got it since insurance covered it and we visit family alot so i pump for trips. I never had medela to compare.
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:43 PM
I agree with the Hygeia!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)