Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son eats like a trucker, milk comes out from his nose. What should I do?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:38 PM
  • 5 Replies

My 4 months old son eats like a trucker. I have quite a lot of milk. That combination doesn't help. We co-sleep and I lay by his side and feeds him. More often, he eats so fast that the milk comes out from his nose. Anyone has the same issue? What is the possible consequence of this milk running out from his nose? What should I do to stop that from happening? Thank you..

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Nose and throat are connected; this isn't at all unusual. Not really a huge worry either.  He will rediscover this talent in elementary school and amuse his classmates with it. **grin**

You might try hand expressing the worst of the letdown before latching to help reduce the flow.

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Yep. You can also have a burp cloth handy to catch the.milk.should he unlatch while milk still flowing.

Quoting gdiamante:

Nose and throat are connected; this isn't at all unusual. Not really a huge worry either.  He will rediscover this talent in elementary school and amuse his classmates with it. **grin**

You might try hand expressing the worst of the letdown before latching to help reduce the flow.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

DOesnt hurt anything but can be a pain for washings lol

Seximama23
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
My youngest niece would spit up from her mouth and nose
JackAttacks
by Angel on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

BM in the nose is no worries at all. Most of us around here intentionally put BM in the nose to clear stuffiness so youre ahead of the game LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)