Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

last night......

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:41 AM
  • 9 Replies

did not go any where near planned. my newborn was up every half hour to be placed on my breasts. I am so tender & sore this morning! to make matters worse at some point he had a poor latch and I just let him keep eating... I was so tired I couldnt even bring myself to unlatch him and make him mad. I tried putting my finger between his mouth and my nipple, I tried playing with his chin to get him to unlatch with no success. Finally I just started removing my nipple slowly by hand and it just made matters worse. I started to bleed and that weird almost like skin blister showed up again.

Feeling very rough & sore this morning

Proud mommy of 1 special angel and 2 boys :-) I am love animals, dogs & horses are my favorites. I am the kind of person that you would consider weird and that is okay by me :D I am interested in the why of things not just the how. I also ask the most random questions like why is it considered littering when it is biodegradable?
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Mar. 15, 2014 at 9:39 AM
I let my first nurse wrong because I was happy he was nursing at all. I always paid for it the next day. At night you get stupid desperate. Those Soothies gel breast pads are on my must-have list with a newborn. I keep a second pair in the fridge and put them on after nursing and chill up the second pair. Of course the usual tops of expressing some milk on the nipple and letting air dry. And a tiny amount of lanolin. I was told, and experienced, that too much lanolin made the wounded nipple goopy and weepy and it slowed healing. I am not a fan of newborns. I remember all the rough moments quite vividly. Yet here I am pregnant with #5 and your post rings so familiar to me. Hang in there.
JRSMOM0621
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Yeah lanolin does nothing for me. I did find some nipple balm at Toys R Us/Babies R Us.....well worth the price! Its all natural and helped heal my nipples before I became stupid last night and redid the damnage. a mom on here actually suggested a nipple balm instead of lanolin

Quoting mostlymaydays: I let my first nurse wrong because I was happy he was nursing at all. I always paid for it the next day. At night you get stupid desperate. Those Soothies gel breast pads are on my must-have list with a newborn. I keep a second pair in the fridge and put them on after nursing and chill up the second pair. Of course the usual tops of expressing some milk on the nipple and letting air dry. And a tiny amount of lanolin. I was told, and experienced, that too much lanolin made the wounded nipple goopy and weepy and it slowed healing. I am not a fan of newborns. I remember all the rough moments quite vividly. Yet here I am pregnant with #5 and your post rings so familiar to me. Hang in there.

Proud mommy of 1 special angel and 2 boys :-) I am love animals, dogs & horses are my favorites. I am the kind of person that you would consider weird and that is okay by me :D I am interested in the why of things not just the how. I also ask the most random questions like why is it considered littering when it is biodegradable?
Seximama23
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Does baby seem to have a vacuum seal? My little guy did and come to find out he is tongue tied and he used more of a bite reflex than suck
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Try coconut oil!
JRSMOM0621
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Several different drs checked and so did the LLC at the hospital. They each said he didnt have a tie. I also looked at the reference on here and to me personally he doesnt seem to.

Quoting Seximama23: Does baby seem to have a vacuum seal? My little guy did and come to find out he is tongue tied and he used more of a bite reflex than suck

Seximama23
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:34 PM
Okay. It will get better....I cant tell you when but it will get better. My son nursed so much his first two days of life that I was torn...bleeding..and had some weird looking bubbles on my nipples.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Several different drs checked and so did the LLC at the hospital. They each said he didnt have a tie. I also looked at the reference on here and to me personally he doesnt seem to.

Quoting Seximama23: Does baby seem to have a vacuum seal? My little guy did and come to find out he is tongue tied and he used more of a bite reflex than suck

JRSMOM0621
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Yep I have those! Lol I still get freaked out when they pop up and start bleeding. I can't believe it has only been a week, it feels like forever w these sore breasts

Quoting Seximama23: Okay. It will get better....I cant tell you when but it will get better. My son nursed so much his first two days of life that I was torn...bleeding..and had some weird looking bubbles on my nipples.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:46 PM
What helped me the most was what my ibclc told me. She said clean cracked nipples with a warm mild salt/water solution. Dry. After every session rub milk on nipples to let dry, then apply polysporin (not neosporin). Also I used breast shells to stop my pads from rubbing. Cleared up in less than a week! Hope this helps, and you feel better soon!
Sweetheart08
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Omg, I am so sorry the first couple nights with this lo was like that my poor nips were vleeding and cracked I got a shield to help outcau s e I could bear her nursing,but I recently stopped using the shield when I was all healed up . Your just going to have to stay calm and just chill and take it slow, and if he latches wrong take it out right away, don't hesitate
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)