Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

sleep for a 2 month old

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 10:56 AM
  • 14 Replies
My 2 month old has been sleeping 6 hour stretches for about a week now...Is that to long? Should I wake him every three hours?
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeTigr7
by Crystal on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:08 AM

If he's doing it on his own, let it be.  Don't worry, he'll probably change that up on you. ;)

Seximama23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:45 AM
I have let it be..and yes he is doing it on his own. The first few nights I kept checking on him lol

Quoting JadeTigr7:

If he's doing it on his own, let it be.  Don't worry, he'll probably change that up on you. ;)

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Enjoy it while it lasts! Sleeping patterns change many times in the first years. Soon, you'll be complaining that he's nursing constantly through the night during a growth spurt or teething.
ShadowWaters
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Enjoy it. My 2 month old sleeps 90min-3hr stretches and the last few days decided 4am is a good time to start the day.

Seximama23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:24 PM
He will go to sleep around 7-8 pm and sleep six hours and then be up every hour
NCJen84
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Wow! Emmalynn sleeps no more than 3-4 hours at a time but since we cosleep I dont mind at all.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:25 PM
As long as his diaper count is good (6 in 24 hours, poopy counts as 2), all is well. He will likely wake more often as he gets into the next growth spurt at around three months.
jaxons_mama
by Allyson on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:27 PM
As long as diapers are good. Leave him be! Enjoy it!
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Nope. But do you have a goat to sacrifice to the Gods of Sleep? Publishing now means he'll never do it again. **grin**

Always, if dipes are good you're good. Smash your clocks.

Seximama23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Haha nope. He honestly just takes little 5 min naps all day long...my first did it to then my dumb pedi told me to wake him every 3 hours because he needed to eat...and then he never slept again lol

Quoting gdiamante:

Nope. But do you have a goat to sacrifice to the Gods of Sleep? Publishing now means he'll never do it again. **grin**

Always, if dipes are good you're good. Smash your clocks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)