Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Except she actually covers

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 4:48 AM
  • 22 Replies
4 moms liked this
I was at the zoo today and I noticed a mother nursing her newborn and pointed out that there was another nursing mother to my SO and SIL.

My SIL made a snarky comment saying "Except she covers..."

Well fast forward to lunch time I woke DS from his nap and when we were sitting in the lounge area waiting to be seated her asked to nurse. A few minutes into nursing I asked SO to position herself to block the family across from us from seeing because I knew he would get distracted and randomly pop off. SO says "I didn't realize you were nursing." then Sil says "Really, your nursing i couldn't tell at all." Lol I wasnt covered at all! Being that my son is almost two I never wear two shirts anymore so I just pulled my boob right out of my shirt.

I started laughing at her and said "Yep, not half as noticeable as that mom who covered huh?"

by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 4:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marie_Edelman2
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 5:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes people eat their words, lol :-)
melindabelcher
by mel on Mar. 17, 2014 at 5:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Perfect!!!!!
MinaPR
by Mina on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:50 AM
2 moms liked this

It reminds me of something  I read here about using a cover being like waving a flag calling everyone to take notice of what you're doing.

jaxons_mama
by Allyson on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Good one
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

People just dont get it

spitfire06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL I totally agree lol
Seximama23
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome. I need to get nursing tanks and shirts to go over them. I have yet to nurse in public well unless you count sitting in a Wal-Mart fitting room lol
pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Regular tanks are a little easier so you don't have to deal with all the snaps. Practice in front of a mirror and build your confidence a little and just go out there and do it.
People might give you a few looks but most likely it's another mom fighting off the urge to hug you and say your awesome.

Quoting Seximama23: That's awesome. I need to get nursing tanks and shirts to go over them. I have yet to nurse in public well unless you count sitting in a Wal-Mart fitting room lol
Momma2013
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome!!! :) 

Momma2013
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:53 PM

I've felt an urge to hug a mom before and then didn't want to offend her. I smile at all the nursing mommas! 

Quoting pinkiebabii: Regular tanks are a little easier so you don't have to deal with all the snaps. Practice in front of a mirror and build your confidence a little and just go out there and do it. People might give you a few looks but most likely it's another mom fighting off the urge to hug you and say your awesome.
Quoting Seximama23: That's awesome. I need to get nursing tanks and shirts to go over them. I have yet to nurse in public well unless you count sitting in a Wal-Mart fitting room lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN