Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

does it look like a microphone?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:27 AM
  • 11 Replies
Lol. My son 2 months old likes to talk while eating. ..its cute. I find it funny because before latching he almost lets out a giggle then he latches and starts cooing away or pulling really hard and fussing at my boobs not sure why he fusses.
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Mar. 19, 2014 at 12:00 PM
The fussing is probably a growth spurt.
Corinnesingh
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:35 PM

yes a growth spurt... lol arjun does the same. i have no idea how long they last for tho.. i feel like he lives on the boob.

Seximama23
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Same here and having a sick older one to also take care of becomes frustrating. ..but i am so glad I breastfeed..giving my baby the best I can while his dad and brother are sick.

Quoting Corinnesingh:

yes a growth spurt... lol arjun does the same. i have no idea how long they last for tho.. i feel like he lives on the boob.

Terpsichore
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:46 PM

I think it looks more like a speaker or amplifier than a microphone. 

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:51 PM

That's adorable, and stimulates supply, so I'd say growth spurt to, my lo is coming up on the "6 month growth spurt and he is forgetting his manners again and always talking with his mouth full too. :-)

Seximama23
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I love the antics of a baby. He is 9 weeks is that a crucial growth spurt? Because he has been in my arms most of the day...nursing every 15 seconds I swear

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

That's adorable, and stimulates supply, so I'd say growth spurt to, my lo is coming up on the "6 month growth spurt and he is forgetting his manners again and always talking with his mouth full too. :-)

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:20 PM

The ones you will hear most about are 3 and 6 weeks, then 3 and six months, but the whole first year is really just one big growth spurt, timeline varies from baby to baby. My first never left growth spurt mode until his first birthday when he was 27 lbs and 31 inches tall! DS2 is a little more "traditional" and had spurts from 2-4 weeks, 7-9 weeks, 12-14 weeks and he started this "6 month spurt" about 2-3 days ago, he will be 6 months on the 28th.

Quoting Seximama23: I love the antics of a baby. He is 9 weeks is that a crucial growth spurt? Because he has been in my arms most of the day...nursing every 15 seconds I swear
Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:21 PM
The spurts were weekly with my second! They can happen at any time.

Quoting Seximama23: I love the antics of a baby. He is 9 weeks is that a crucial growth spurt? Because he has been in my arms most of the day...nursing every 15 seconds I swear

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Seximama23
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:27 PM
Is it okay to let baby sleep while still latched? Is he still eating or just comfort nursing? Ha I am a second time mom and he is all sorts of different from my first

Quoting aehanrahan: The spurts were weekly with my second! They can happen at any time.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:31 PM
I allowed my second to nurse as much and as long as he needed. He was very high needs and nursed A LOT in his sleep. Sometimes it seemed like he was still actually drinking!
My two boys were night and day also!

Quoting Seximama23: Is it okay to let baby sleep while still latched? Is he still eating or just comfort nursing? Ha I am a second time mom and he is all sorts of different from my first

Quoting aehanrahan: The spurts were weekly with my second! They can happen at any time.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN