Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

CranioSacral therapy?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 2:49 PM
  • 6 Replies
Went to a breast feeding support group last week and it was a topic they talked about. The lc checked my dd for lip tie, per my request, and said she did have one. I knew she had one, but figured she may have some tips on helping with latch. I talked to her doc, he is not really informed on bfing, and he won't refer me to the correct department to get it clipped.

Last night I was looking up info and came across a video and it helped me a lot, it still hurts, but it's somewhat bearable now. Anyone taken their baby for cramiosacral therapy? Did it work for you? Thanks for any info.
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 2:52 PM
My 4 year old daughter's OT does cranial sacral therapy on her. She hates it. Anyway, the OT did it on my 1 year old to help drain the fluid in her ears. It worked for the day after she did it. I think it would have helped more if we had done it more regularly. My 1 year old ultimately got tubes in her ears.
momof3inapril09
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 3:08 PM
I was told it could help with latch issues as well. The ladies in the group that used it said they only needed to go once and it has been a huge help with their latch issues. I am hoping it will help us.

Quoting 03071012: My 4 year old daughter's OT does cranial sacral therapy on her. She hates it. Anyway, the OT did it on my 1 year old to help drain the fluid in her ears. It worked for the day after she did it. I think it would have helped more if we had done it more regularly. My 1 year old ultimately got tubes in her ears.
melindabelcher
by mel on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:21 PM
It can help with the latch but the ties need to be cut!
Check into a pediatric dentist.
momof3inapril09
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
My other kids have a doc and I need to call the insurance and see what the hold up is on hers. We have been going to the clinic that I used during my pregnancy.

He told me he has never seen a lip tie cause problems with bfing. I should have asked him if he knew how long they did it for. I bet they didn't breastfeed for long. :(

This is not the first time he tried to tell me something about bfing I KNEW was bad info. I am calling Monday about her cards. As soon as I can get her in, we are going to the other doc.

Quoting melindabelcher: It can help with the latch but the ties need to be cut!
Check into a pediatric dentist.
THauge
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:16 PM

We are doing cranio sacral therapy on my 3 month old. We have had 4 sessions so far. It really has helped my little one with his reflux and belly issues and with the tension in his muscles in his neck and jaw. It isn't the magic cure, but it does help. He still has reflux but it isn't as bad. His latch has gotten better but breastfeeding is still painful. He has a pretty bad lip tie and a lot of tension and tightness in his jaw. Before therapy, he couldn't stick out his tongue because he was so tight. (He doesn't appear to have a tongue tie.) Now he can stick his tongue out, which he likes to do all the time. And he is able to transfer milk from my breast whereas before he couldn't really get any milk out on his own. I always had to pump and we had to finger feed. (He refuses any and all bottles.) He can also turn his head to the left now which is great. We see improvements and more mobility every time we go. It has worked very well for him.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:20 PM
With the lip tie, he most likely also has a posterior tongue tie, which would be contributing to the tension, immobility, and the reflux symptoms. Has he been evaluated by an IBCLC who is knowledgeable about posterior tongue ties? Revising the ties could help even more.

Quoting THauge:

We are doing cranio sacral therapy on my 3 month old. We have had 4 sessions so far. It really has helped my little one with his reflux and belly issues and with the tension in his muscles in his neck and jaw. It isn't the magic cure, but it does help. He still has reflux but it isn't as bad. His latch has gotten better but breastfeeding is still painful. He has a pretty bad lip tie and a lot of tension and tightness in his jaw. Before therapy, he couldn't stick out his tongue because he was so tight. (He doesn't appear to have a tongue tie.) Now he can stick his tongue out, which he likes to do all the time. And he is able to transfer milk from my breast whereas before he couldn't really get any milk out on his own. I always had to pump and we had to finger feed. (He refuses any and all bottles.) He can also turn his head to the left now which is great. We see improvements and more mobility every time we go. It has worked very well for him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)