Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

anyone have an hsa (health savings account)??

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:50 AM
  • 4 Replies
If anyone has an HSA could you please tell me what kind of breastfeeding supplies are covered by it!? I'm on my husbands insurance and he's too embarrassed I guess to ask anybody and they wont tell me anything. If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it!!
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
NCJen84
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 6:09 AM

Call your insurance itself, you get a breast pump. As for health spending accounts go to fsastore.com and it will tell you everything you can buy with it. Sometimes there prices are cheaper than in the store. Bottles, pumps, storage bags, parts, etc.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:59 AM

I have an FSA and it covers anything medical, but you may be able to get the pump without dipping into your HSA. Call the insurance company, NOT the workplace! The workplace doesn't know.

And rap your husband on the skull for me for being an idiot. NOTHING is embararassing in this day and age except stupidity, and he's being stupid.

bakermom2411
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:48 PM
I don't think anyone on his family breastfed and no one really talks about it. I'll probably be the weird one but I don't care :) lol

Quoting gdiamante:

I have an FSA and it covers anything medical, but you may be able to get the pump without dipping into your HSA. Call the insurance company, NOT the workplace! The workplace doesn't know.

And rap your husband on the skull for me for being an idiot. NOTHING is embararassing in this day and age except stupidity, and he's being stupid.

bakermom2411
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:50 PM
OMG!!! Thank you so much!!! I would have never thought a lot of this was covered!

Quoting NCJen84:

Call your insurance itself, you get a breast pump. As for health spending accounts go to fsastore.com and it will tell you everything you can buy with it. Sometimes there prices are cheaper than in the store. Bottles, pumps, storage bags, parts, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)