Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

would u

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:48 AM
  • 33 Replies
Buy a used breast pump its a medela it has all new parts post a pics of ur pumps if u want
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:01 AM
I would not buy a used Medela. It is an open system, single user pump. You'd never be able to see it but it can suck micro droplets of milk into the motor housing and cause mold. Even Medela warns against used pumps and to get replacement parts you have to lie and check a box saying you're not using them with a used pump. A *closed system* pump like a Hygeia I would consider.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:10 AM
Yep, this!

Quoting mostlymaydays: I would not buy a used Medela. It is an open system, single user pump. You'd never be able to see it but it can suck micro droplets of milk into the motor housing and cause mold. Even Medela warns against used pumps and to get replacement parts you have to lie and check a box saying you're not using them with a used pump. A *closed system* pump like a Hygeia I would consider.
MinaPR
by Mina on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:14 AM

The only Medelas that can be "recycled" are the Medela Symphony and the Medela Lactina. Those are hospital grade and approved for multiple users, (as long as each mom has her own kit...). Hygeia is a closed system and you can get used one at a very competitive price on eBay, their kits can be found on many websites including Amazon and the Medela kits also fit them.

Mommytoaangel
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Can u post a pic of those to pumps

Quoting MinaPR:

The only Medelas that can be "recycled" are the Medela Symphony and the Medela Lactina. Those are hospital grade and approved for multiple users, (as long as each mom has her own kit...). Hygeia is a closed system and you can get used one at a very competitive price on eBay, their kits can be found on many websites including Amazon and the Medela kits also fit them.

MinaPR
by Mina on Mar. 27, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Medela Symphony

Medela Lactina

Hygeia

The Symphony and Lactina are SUPER expensive, but you can get any one of these three used on eBay at fairly good prices.

MinaPR
by Mina on Mar. 27, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Mobile Photo

I have these two at work. (Yes, I'm a freak, I suffer from OCD and I buy breast pumps... BUT I'm on medication now and doing better... LOL!) The one on top is a Medela Classic, it's an older version of the Lactina. The one on the bottom is an Ameda Elite, super efficient and gentle, similar in quality to the Symphony.
Merrick17
by Corrine on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:06 AM
I bought a lactina on eBay for 200 bucks, compared to regular price this was a steal. Kit is about 40 bucks in amazon. My work provides a lactina as well, so I know now I'm maximizing output. I don't have the best pump response, so it was really worth it for me.
Mommytoaangel
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Thanks I was going to get this one used cause i cant affored to get one for 200 or more I will post a pic tonight after I get out of work

Quoting Merrick17: I bought a lactina on eBay for 200 bucks, compared to regular price this was a steal. Kit is about 40 bucks in amazon. My work provides a lactina as well, so I know now I'm maximizing output. I don't have the best pump response, so it was really worth it for me.
Mommytoaangel
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Thanks I will post a pic of the pump I want after I get outta work 2night

Quoting MinaPR:

Mobile Photo

I have these two at work. (Yes, I'm a freak, I suffer from OCD and I buy breast pumps... BUT I'm on medication now and doing better... LOL!) The one on top is a Medela Classic, it's an older version of the Lactina. The one on the bottom is an Ameda Elite, super efficient and gentle, similar in quality to the Symphony.
iSMILEheCRIES
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:22 PM
Check with your insurance company, most will buy you a good quality pump. Or WIC may provide you with one as well
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)