Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

weight gain

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:04 PM
  • 5 Replies
So from previous posts you may have seen my milk didn't come in or like 6 days and he was seveely jaundice and just not feeding well enough to bring on milk. He was 8'11 at both and by day 4 he was down to 7'7. Well we have been working hard nursing every 2 hours minimum And at 11 day he's up to 8'4.5. his doc said we usually like to see them reach birth weight by two weeks and had I gave formula he would have been. I'm happy with his gain. In a week he gained nearly a pound I thought his doc would be pleased but I didn't get that vibe.
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
melindabelcher
by mel on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Dr can "like"whatever he wants.
But reality is baby was only expected to gain 4oz. Just because he loss more doesnt suddenly change the weight gain expectation.
Baby is doing awesome!!!
If dr continues the elaborated gain expectation I would consider looking for a nw dr
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 28, 2014 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

doctor is an idiot, he lost more than the norm so of course he is not back to birthweight!

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
4-7 ounces per week from lowest weight, not birth weight. If he's making diaper count and not having latch issues, all is well.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree!

Quoting melindabelcher: Dr can "like"whatever he wants.
But reality is baby was only expected to gain 4oz. Just because he loss more doesnt suddenly change the weight gain expectation.
Baby is doing awesome!!!
If dr continues the elaborated gain expectation I would consider looking for a nw dr
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 5:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Your baby is fine. He gained more than I would have expected him to in such a short time, especially considering your milk came in later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)