Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

May have been the best decision ever!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:23 AM
  • 11 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I let my in laws keep my baby girl over night last night and it may have been the best decision ever b/c before I had to nurse her with a nipple shield. I guess from pumping every 2-3 hours last night and today my nipple sticks out enough now that she could latch easily! I hope we can continue with out the shield.
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Great news!

jbmom2009
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:56 AM

Good, very good. I'll be glad when I get to that point. 

leann74016
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:28 AM
It is a great feeling but like last time it didn't happen at the next feeding :( I tried and tried and she got frustrated so pulled the shield out again.

Quoting jbmom2009:

Good, very good. I'll be glad when I get to that point. 

melindabelcher
by mel on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:32 AM
Grab a latch assist. It'll pull the nipple out between feedings. Shells inbetween feedings in your bra with pads for leaking if needed.
MyahsMom
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Have you tried pumping for a couple of minutes before you latch her on?
MyahsMom
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:56 AM
I have tried finding one of these and none of the stores seem to carry them. Are they only available online?

Quoting melindabelcher: Grab a latch assist. It'll pull the nipple out between feedings. Shells inbetween feedings in your bra with pads for leaking if needed.
melindabelcher
by mel on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:59 AM
I've seen a latch assist at most walmarts. Shells I've seen at buy buy baby and babies r us

Quoting MyahsMom: I have tried finding one of these and none of the stores seem to carry them. Are they only available online?

Quoting melindabelcher: Grab a latch assist. It'll pull the nipple out between feedings. Shells inbetween feedings in your bra with pads for leaking if needed.
MyahsMom
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:16 AM
Okay, thanks! I was wondering about the latch assist :)

Quoting melindabelcher: I've seen a latch assist at most walmarts. Shells I've seen at buy buy baby and babies r us

Quoting MyahsMom: I have tried finding one of these and none of the stores seem to carry them. Are they only available online?

Seximama23
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:55 AM
You can find the latch assist on Amazon...I have flatter nipples than pokey out ones lol baby boy gets annoyed
rwcw89
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:12 AM
I used a pump and a smaller nipple shield to help pull it out. Been successful since 3 weeks . Flat nipples /big areolas suck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)