Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i made some banana "ice cream"

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:26 AM
  • 8 Replies
Ari will be 4 months soon.. lately she seems super interested in food.. especially bananas. anywho... I was eating the ice cream and I was holding her. she was watching me very intently. I put the spoon toward her mouth and she opened up and started to go forward and wanted it! I didn't let her try it of course.

I know they say wait till at least 6 months.. but is it typical for a baby to do that?
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
polkaspots
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:33 AM
Yep. My three month old opens his mouth when you put stuff near it.
Most recently is was the ginger snap my two year old was trying to feed him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamie101789
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:36 AM
have you let him try anything?

Quoting polkaspots: Yep. My three month old opens his mouth when you put stuff near it.
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, it is normal. Babies are curious about what we're doing, not necessarily the food. I gave my son an empty cup and a spoon and he was happy with that. I tested his tongue thrust reflex with some pumped milk on a spoon. He still had the tongue thrust, so he wasn't ready for anything else, but he got to "eat" something.
polkaspots
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:46 AM
No. I wait until after they turn six months and can feed themselves. That's what I did with my older two and that's what I'll do with him. My two year old has almost fed him quite a few times, but he's only licked things before I moved the older one away.

Quoting jamie101789: have you let him try anything?

Quoting polkaspots: Yep. My three month old opens his mouth when you put stuff near it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:03 AM
I love our dairy free banana ice cream!
Very normal behavior :) they also love keys, cell phones, knives, etc.
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Yep! :)

Quoting aehanrahan: Yes, it is normal. Babies are curious about what we're doing, not necessarily the food. I gave my son an empty cup and a spoon and he was happy with that. I tested his tongue thrust reflex with some pumped milk on a spoon. He still had the tongue thrust, so he wasn't ready for anything else, but he got to "eat" something.
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Seriously! My 7 month old was getting mad at me for not giving her my ipad! Lol

Quoting melindabelcher: I love our dairy free banana ice cream!
Very normal behavior :) they also love keys, cell phones, knives, etc.
MinaPR
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I literally made banana and strawberry breast milk ice cream for my 8 months old. I have an automatic ice cream maker, added a banana, 2 strawberries and 8 oz breast milk. Both my DD's loved it! The older will be 3 next month and didn't even noticed it was made with BM! LOL!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)