Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast pump purchase

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:08 AM
mel
  • 18 Replies
I'm going to be buying a pump in the last month of my pregnancy.
My insurance won't cover an electric pump as it covered one 4 years ago.
I'm considering a freestyle since I can charge it and it can be transported easily. But this one has an open system?
I have a crazy oversupply and oal so I'm planning on pumping twice a day and donating.
Thoughts? Favorites?
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NCJen84
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Ameda Purely yours, right now is my favorite of my 3 that I have.

rwcw89
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:07 AM
I have the instyle it's ok I'm waiting on my hygeia , I've heard good things about it and it's closed system
K8wizzo
by Kate on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
The freestyle is an open system. If you're going to spend that much, why not get the hygeia?
K8wizzo
by Kate on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:19 AM
http://hygeiainc.com/shop/double-electric-breast-pumps/enjoye-breast-pump-with-internal-power-supply/
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:21 AM
What kind of pump did your insurance cover 4 years ago?
melindabelcher
by mel on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Medela pump in style.

Quoting stepconfused182: What kind of pump did your insurance cover 4 years ago?
melindabelcher
by mel on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:58 AM
I've never used it before.
But I'll look at it. I know the hygeia is a closed system. So thats one huge perk!
How is it for pumping on the go? Does it have to be plugged in?

Quoting K8wizzo: The freestyle is an open system. If you're going to spend that much, why not get the hygeia?
gumbeme06
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Hygeia enjoy. Hands down.
I'm a full time working mom and have had to pump 3 times a day since ds was 13 weeks (he'll be 1 on the 18th) I had a medela with my first but the hygeia is so much better. And their customer service is phenomenal
melindabelcher
by mel on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Just jumped on the comp. I did use this pump as a pump rental from WIC when leilani was first born. I don't remember it being able to pump without an outlet but thats awesome! I guess i will be getting it. :) Thankyou

Quoting K8wizzo: http://hygeiainc.com/shop/double-electric-breast-pumps/enjoye-breast-pump-with-internal-power-supply/

gumbeme06
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:06 PM
They have one with an enternal battery pack along with the plug in and one that is strictly electric but you can buy an external battery pack for it :)

Quoting melindabelcher:

Just jumped on the comp. I did use this pump as a pump rental from WIC when leilani was first born. I don't remember it being able to pump without an outlet but thats awesome! I guess i will be getting it. :) Thankyou

Quoting K8wizzo: http://hygeiainc.com/shop/double-electric-breast-pumps/enjoye-breast-pump-with-internal-power-supply/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)