Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

breastfeeding @ church

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:28 PM
  • 51 Replies
So I try and feed my ds right before we leave for church so when its over 2-2.5 hours later he wont be too hungry yet. Well about 2 weeks ago i started using the church's nursery to bf him. Last week we went in about 2 minutes before church was over so when there was a man with his kids in there i just waited the 2minutes. But this week there are 2 grown men, a woman, and about 6 kids running around in there and unfortunately i didnt have the courage to state that i needed to bf so i came to my car instead. I hope to soon have the courage to do so. I just dont expect them to grab their kids and get out the room
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Can you sit in the corner at the inside end of a pew and put a blanket over the two of you and nurse him during the service? Several moms in the congregation at my church, including myself, do this and no one notices (nor would they care if they did!).
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:49 PM
I nurse in church. I just use a cover.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:09 PM

One of our church lectors used to nurse in the middle of service. Never left her seat and no one said a darned thing. I think our pastor would have been stern with anyone who did.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:11 PM
3 moms liked this
I hope you feel comfortable nursing at church. My church is very welcoming to bfeding moms. They have the right to nurse anywhere and there are places provided for those who want their privacy. Its so sad to me when a church doesnt welcome this, something that God created.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Thats awesome :)

Quoting gdiamante:

One of our church lectors used to nurse in the middle of service. Never left her seat and no one said a darned thing. I think our pastor would have been stern with anyone who did.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Also, i nurse using a sling in church.
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:18 PM
I think the congregations would rather a mom breastfeed in church than hear a baby cry...
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:24 PM
I've nursed in service a few times, I don't think it's a big deal.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:25 PM
I nursed in a ring sling in church. Not even our choir director, a La Leche League Leader, could tell what I was doing. Just practice at home in front of a mirror. You might ask if they could put a folding screen and a chair in the NURSEry! :-)
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:34 PM
I sit down and tell my kids, "hey hand me my nursing cover". Anyone lingering in the nursery that would be offended leaves. If they don't care I don't either.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN