Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Breastfeeding Pillow

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:32 PM
  • 36 Replies

I am due in three weeks and am trying to get all of my breastfeeding supplies around. In the breastfeeding class I took they really emphasized using a feeding pillow. I am looking at different pillows now but there are so many types out there. Boppy, Cuddle-U, BreastFriend ...

For you moms with breastfeeding experience, what kind of breastfeeding pillows did you find most useful?

*EDIT: Also, I've heard the Boppy's tend to go flat over time. Anyone experience this?

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:34 PM
I absolutely love my boppy pillow and use it for nursing all through the first year and then some. The breastfriend is bigger and not as comfortable to use for older babies in my opinion.
Nela12
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:35 PM
I'm not Breastfeeding but I would go with a bobby. My sister says they are so helpful for everything even just for baby to lay there and look around
Georgie2
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:38 PM
I got a my breastfriend, which I used about all of twice. I wish I had gotten a boppy because although I don't think I would use it much for nursing either, DS has gotten a lot of use out of the one at daycare. First to play with toys while on his tummy, and now to help him keep his balance while he sits and plays.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:53 PM
I LOVED my boppy and used all the way through toddlerhood.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Boppys do go flat over time, which worked perfectly as my ds got bigger over time he was still at the right spot.
amanda_mom89
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:08 PM
I used a boppy with my first. I've never used any other brand. I bought a new slipcover for it and I'm using it again with this baby. I love it.
mushmom
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:13 PM
I've used my boppy with all 3 over 6 plus years. It's not ideal but does the job. I haven't noticed it getting flatter.
tinkerkowski
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:57 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=comfort+and+harmony+pillow&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&rlz=1Y3HWTA_enUS568US568&espvd=1&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sboxchip=Shopping&sa=X&ei=l3Y4U5OzJebQsASz0oCgAw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=360&bih=567#spd=1875364909528008848 I got this one from Target and love it! Shaped like a boppy, but has a soft pillow side with a firmer side opposite, mine came with a vibrating comfort disk too.
firespurity
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:59 PM
Boppy has worked wonders for my family. :) someone got me one for my first born. I didn't even know what a nursing pillow was back then.
amc103
by Alli on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:15 PM

I have my boppy that I STILL use on my youngest who is nursing at almost 13 months old, and he's the second child to use it. (although I only nursed my oldest for a month) It got flat over time, but that has not been a problem because as my youngest got bigger, it was better. :-) More broken in. I would recommend it. :-) I bought the boppy in 2009 and in 2014, its still one of my favorite possessions. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN