Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

13month old no period still

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:32 PM
  • 16 Replies

Ugh. It's starting to bother me. I have been getting twinges so I'm sure my uterus is waking up but I want my hormones to regulate. I feel like a zombie. My yearly is soon too. Maybe birth control. Idk. 

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Kellymom describes that some women feel pms and cramps for a couple months before their cycle hits. With my youngest, it was 26 months postpartum before I got a period, no birth control involved there.
melindabelcher
by mel on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Almost 18mo with my youngest before af returned.
I hope your body gets into a groove soon
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:01 PM

My 16 month old I got two periods and they were every other month. I got pregnant despite lack of consistent periods.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

stacy2607
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:45 PM
It's normal, I am 7 week. PP now.. but with my next youngest, she's 2, i ebf her and didn't get mine back until she was 14 months..then thay cycle, i got pregnant with my now 7 week old.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Mine came back at 13 months. Fair warning:Aunt Flo likes to make that return visit when it's least convenient! For me, it was during a business trip. And our "uniform" for this trade show was a dark shirt with khaki pants!

Seximama23
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:19 PM
I am one of the unlucky few. :( lol with my first I was 6 weeks pp when aunt flow returned and this one I am 2 months pp and just ending my first cycle
1stTimeMom2bATL
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Just went through this. I am 11 months PP and just started my first monthly yesterday.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
14 mos pp is the average return. That's when I got mine back. If you get hormonal bc, make sure that it doesn't contain any estrogen.
destiny3513
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:09 AM

I don't even really want birth control. I want another baby, I'm just tired of feeling like I have menopause. 

Quoting K8wizzo: 14 mos pp is the average return. That's when I got mine back. If you get hormonal bc, make sure that it doesn't contain any estrogen.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:36 AM
Your fertility will return when it does, likely soon. Some women catch the first egg down the chute before that first period occurs and go straight from baby to baby without ever bleeding. If you have fertile quality cervical mucus, it's worth trying and you may get that new baby right away.

Quoting destiny3513:

I don't even really want birth control. I want another baby, I'm just tired of feeling like I have menopause. 

Quoting K8wizzo: 14 mos pp is the average return. That's when I got mine back. If you get hormonal bc, make sure that it doesn't contain any estrogen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN