Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

poop.. *warning picture*

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:26 PM
  • 12 Replies
in person it was like a super light green and strandy looking.. I feel like im worrying about her poop waaay too much... I just feel like her poop changes everyday. its never just yellow brown and seedy.. its always different. am I crazy and should just stop worrying?
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jamie101789
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:27 PM

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Remind me how old she is? If it doesn't look like this all the time, I wouldn't worry. Her digestive system is still developing.
gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:55 PM

2 months. Looks normal. Relax!

cfcf
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:07 AM
http://www.babycenter.com/baby-poop-photos

Healthy breastfed poop

If your baby is exclusively breastfed, her poop will be yellow or slightly green and have a mushy or creamy consistency. It may be runny enough to resemble diarrhea. Breastfed poop typically looks like Dijon mustard and cottage cheese mixed together and may be dotted with little seed-like flecks. Interestingly, its smell isn't half bad.

There are many shades of normal when it comes to breastfed poop. One you might see is a greener hue, which could signify that you ate something different than you normally do. If your baby isn't experiencing any other symptoms, there's no need to worry.

If you see bright green and frothy poop in your baby's diaper, almost like algae, she's probably getting too much foremilk – the low-calorie milk that comes first in a feeding – and not enough hindmilk, the higher-fat, super-nutritious stuff. It could mean that you're not feeding her long enough on each breast. To remedy this, start each feeding on the breast you ended on.
jamie101789
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:34 AM
she's going to be 4 months on the 4th.

Quoting gdiamante:

2 months. Looks normal. Relax!

jamie101789
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:35 AM
she's going to be 4 months on the 4th. maybe it's from all the bananas I ate yesterday lol...

Quoting MusherMaggie: Remind me how old she is? If it doesn't look like this all the time, I wouldn't worry. Her digestive system is still developing.
gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:53 AM

I mixed you up with someone else! **grin** 

jamie101789
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:57 AM
would you still say its normal?

Quoting gdiamante:

gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:00 AM

Yep. You'll see lots of different things. We worry about red, black, white and any radioactive colors. **grin**

Quoting jamie101789: would you still say its normal?
Quoting gdiamante:

carsonsmommytam
by Tammara on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:48 PM
Jaxon has had all kinds of weird poop. Lol. Totally normal :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)