Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Ugh remind me I'm doing the right thing

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:31 PM
  • 8 Replies
My almost 4 week old has been nursing for 3 Plus hours. She does this to me every now and then. When she falls asleep I take her off and she starts crying again. I'm so tired and hungry! And one boobs is so sore and sensitive I want to cry.
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:39 PM
She's probably a bit late with the three week growth spurt. Does she have lip or tongue ties? Do you correct her latch when it isn't right? Breastmilk, lanolin and/or coconut oil will help the sore nipples.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:55 AM
My kids would do that on occasion too. Definitely keep snacks and water nearby. Have you tried nursing in a sling or carrier? If you nurse while swaying that may help keep her asleep so you can have a break inbetween.
MinaPR
by Mina on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:31 AM

I agree! A sling is going to be your best friend during growth spurts... Mine saved my life! LOL!

Quoting Precious333: My kids would do that on occasion too. Definitely keep snacks and water nearby. Have you tried nursing in a sling or carrier? If you nurse while swaying that may help keep her asleep so you can have a break inbetween.

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:30 PM

growth spurts!

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:31 PM

lanolin for the soreness!

TxSummerNights
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Thank you ladies. I was so frustrated last night. I have been using lanolin but I'll try the other tips to, hopefully they work. Unfortunately a sling doesn't work for me, my boobs are too big and for her mouth is too small so I have to constantly work on her beinglatched on right and I have Hyperlactation so she gags a lot, who would have thought having so much milk would be such a problem.
jamie101789
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 1:31 AM
I had a really rough time for the first 2.5 months. Ari turned into a totally different baby when she hit 3 months. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and its totally worth it! I'm so happy I stuck with nursing. I had a lot of people telling me to just give her formula.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Only 3 hours? You are doing great!! This is normal and expected...think of this..its human nature.  By trying to make our babies do something besides human nature what are we doing to them?  Making them less human? WHY?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN