Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Well I survived those first painful 6 weeks of breastfeeding. I was able to take 15 full weeks of unpaid maternity leave which was wonderful time spent with my new baby boy. I'm five foot even and only gained 24 pounds during pregnancy and lost all but 4 of it so far. Husband is five foot 8 inches (I think) and weighs in about 135 ish?

So I return to work and must start sending baby to daycare with four bottles of breast milk per day while I am only producing while pumping two bottles a day. Blessidly I had 40 bottles "put back" in the freezer but am now down to SEVEN after spending this past weekend suffering with the NORO virus :( and having husband give baby several bottles of our dwindling reserve.

This is all the back story to my sister-in-law and mom-in-law "hounding" husband (their son and brother) that our baby is

"too small"

"not getting enough"

"too little"

"is he getting enough?"

"are you giving him enough"

"well how much are you feeding him in his bottles?"

"maybe mom isn't making enough"

"mom's milk isn't as fatty as it should be" (this comment came after sis-in-law babysat and gave baby a bottle of breast milk and was able to see what it looked like

Sis-in-law is a labor and delivery nurse and mom of two whom she formula fed and thus feels certain she is the expert on babies, parenting, and that since she wasn't able to withstand the pain and maintain breastfeeding is thus against it being a success for me. I guess she feels judged by me that I made it threw those six weeks and she wasn't able to make it past one but in reality I don't judge her for that. I totally understand because I too felt like giving up.

In the meantime baby boy is now full on rejecting my breast b/c it's harder to get milk from than from a bottle which he is in love with now. Plus he's starting teething behaviors and I think sometimes he's in pain. This all makes me super sad how he pushes away and I feel rejected :(

So all the stress of this in-law drama, going back to work, baby loving his daycare bottle, and the noro virus and I'm now getting next to nothing when I pump. I'm going to have to supplement within two days and may even end up having to full on give up and go to formula feeding all together.

I'm so PISSED at my in-laws and feel like their "harping" at my husband, his then stressing over it stressing me and drying me up, is causing us to have to do what they wanted and parent their way. I don't know how I'm going to ever deal with their

helicopter in-law behavior

in the long term. And we're vacationing with them at the beach for a full week this summer when baby is seven months! Originally I anticipated breast feeding while there but now will probably be bottle feeding with them walking around saying how they were so right about him not getting enough before and bla bla bla....

Grrrrr any input or co-misery?

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:39 AM
Replies (11-11):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:29 AM

ALL IS NOT LOST! Answer the questions above and I can help you for sure! I am a working mom whos struggled with bottles preference, low pumping and sucky inlaws!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)