Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

just when I thought I had hope!

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:59 PM
  • 4 Replies
So to get my sons ties revised I need a prior authorization from his doctor. . Great. So looks like I will be needing to find a pediatrition who is breastfeeding friendly. Oye.
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Do you have an IBCLC who can call the doctor and say that the revision is medically necessary and you need the referral?
Seximama23
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:24 PM
I have not asked her..she just suggested I take him to the pedi who has revised ties before.

Quoting aehanrahan: Do you have an IBCLC who can call the doctor and say that the revision is medically necessary and you need the referral?
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Ask!!! You need to push as hard as you can so you can get this resolved! Who did you call this morning? Was it an ENT, pediatrician, dentist, etc.?

Quoting Seximama23: I have not asked her..she just suggested I take him to the pedi who has revised ties before.

Quoting aehanrahan: Do you have an IBCLC who can call the doctor and say that the revision is medically necessary and you need the referral?
Seximama23
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
It was a dentist who then told me to call the insurance because the dental won't cover it....so I will be calling my oldest sons pediatric dentist who spotted his tie within a second of looking at him..and I will call the IBCLC tomorrow and tell her I need help getting the pedi to understand that it is medically needed not just for feeding issues but lots of other stuff as well

Quoting aehanrahan: Ask!!! You need to push as hard as you can so you can get this resolved! Who did you call this morning? Was it an ENT, pediatrician, dentist, etc.?

Quoting Seximama23: I have not asked her..she just suggested I take him to the pedi who has revised ties before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)