Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Shows that normalize breastfeeding

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:38 AM
  • 18 Replies
Does anyone else love shows that or love breastfeeding?!?

Last night after the horrible ending to How I Met Your Mother (which also openly talked about breastfeeding) I started watching the first 2 minutes of the new show "Friends with Better Lives" and in the opening scene the mom was using a breast pump. I instantly fell in live with the show.

I love when shows talk about breastfeeding!
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 1, 2014 at 1:21 PM

I keep hearing about the horrible ending, I have only caught a few episodes BUT PM me and explain it to me?? someone anyone?

That being said there arent many shows that show BFing.  Sesame street did in the 80's.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Apr. 1, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I keep hearing about the horrible ending, I have only caught a few episodes BUT PM me and explain it to me?? someone anyone?

That being said there arent many shows that show BFing.  Sesame street did in the 80's.

Mr. Rogers did too! They even showed a couple of moms nipples! Gasp! lol

Most nowadays ony show bottle feeding.
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Yes I will PM you. You don't really see a lot of physical breastfeeding (because that would be difficult when most of the actresses aren't lactating) but you hear about it and I've seen it a lot recently.

The Secret Life of the American Teenage talked about Amy nursing.
Lily on HIMYM was a nursing mom. She pumped at Barney's house because of the big tv.
And recently on last seasons on Greys Anataomy Meredith was nursing her new baby.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

audmom1218
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:13 PM
I love how it's expected/normal in the few episodes ivd seen of "call the midwife". Not that I would want the other hardships of the era I do long for a society where the mentality is why wouldn't you nurse?
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Piper nursed on Charmed. They had an episode where she was harassed by a waiter about nursing her baby at the table and Phoebe stood up for her.
Cheryl nursed her twins on According to Jim.
I loved the conversation between Amy and Adrian on the Secret Life of the American Teenager while Adrian was pregnant. Amy said that it was weird at first but became wonderful.
Nursing was normal but joked about on Friends.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:05 PM
There's more, but those are the ones off the top of my head.
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:21 PM
Rugrats!

Ghost Busters 2, even though that's really a movie.

Last Man Standing.

Quoting aehanrahan: There's more, but those are the ones off the top of my head.
Smokeygirl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh man, now I remember Phil and Lil were nursed in Rugrats. Twin nursing, double points :)

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon: Rugrats!

Ghost Busters 2, even though that's really a movie.

Last Man Standing.

Quoting aehanrahan: There's more, but those are the ones off the top of my head.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Apr. 1, 2014 at 7:54 PM
Aahhh I shouldn't have read this!!! I'm not caught up

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon: Yes I will PM you. You don't really see a lot of physical breastfeeding (because that would be difficult when most of the actresses aren't lactating) but you hear about it and I've seen it a lot recently.

The Secret Life of the American Teenage talked about Amy nursing.
Lily on HIMYM was a nursing mom. She pumped at Barney's house because of the big tv.
And recently on last seasons on Greys Anataomy Meredith was nursing her new baby.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

hip2it
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:28 PM
I was bored and watched a sixteen and pregnant marathon. All the ones I saw were breastfeeding.

Addison on private practice used donor milk for her adopted baby.

Chrisley knows best said his oldest daughter breastfed (she was getting a boob job bc of what nursing did to her boobs).

An episode of criminal minds mentioned JJ carrying a breast pump.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)