Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

NEED HELP IM IN PAIN! :( UDATE!

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:17 AM
  • 5 Replies

ok so my daughter is ebf and i have a horrible pain in my mouth. my wisdom teeth on top (bottom ones were pulled) are coming in and the tendon thingy? in the back of my mouth (its behind the jaw between top and bottom teeth.. you can feel it when smiling and such) is like extremely tense or something. i can barely open my mouth without being in pain and eating is a huge challenge. i need to go to the dentist and get them pulled. but will it effect my milk? the after part i think ill be fine with as last time i hardly took any pain meds... but the stuff to numb it and everything... idk what will happen. has anyone even through this that might be able to enlighten me?

UPDATE! so i called my dentist and told them what was going on and at this time i could only open my mouth almost an inch. they said to call my oral surgeon since they already sent me there. i called there and since my top teeth werent approved for removal last time, they have to ask my insurance again.. after the consultatin. and the soonest they could get me in for a consult is may 5 :/ then we wait for the approval and go from there :( 

by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
melindabelcher
by mel on Apr. 2, 2014 at 5:54 AM
It's completely fine. If they just use local numbing agents there is no concern even if they put you out you'd be able to safely nurse once your awake.
Even the pain meds after, take them! C-section moms nurse right after in the recovery room and they use a whole lot more meds then a tooth extraction!
Good luck, hope you feel better soon
jaxons_mama
by Allyson on Apr. 2, 2014 at 6:18 AM
What Mel said. I had a tooth pulled when my dd was 3 months and nursed with no complications.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:37 AM

The most dangerous thing in the dentist's office is the BILLING department. Get your teeth taken care of. NOT doing so is more dangerous than anything else because people have died from tooth infections. (Yep. True. Hubby's grandmother was one of them.)

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Please get it taken care of, it will be fine :)
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Everything will be ok. Im having work done next week while im pregnant &,After the baby is born i will have my whole front redone. 6 implants on top & 5 on the bottom.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN