Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Help me talk some sense into that boy!

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:33 AM
  • 6 Replies
Dh was there when I pumped before work yesterday and saw that I got less than two oz (I have a nasty cold and am having a hard time staying hydrated) and starts in on me that she's not getting enough and that's why she's crabby at night for him. All day when she nurses she's fine. I tried explaining that bm has a lot more calories and changes with baby's needs. She gets 4 oz formulA at bedtime which is usually half bm so 2 oz formula (it works for us- been doing it for 4 months now). I've told him to not give her any more so her stomach doesn't stretch. He's becoming less supportive now. He's said he wants me to stop at 6 months. Not happening. What else can I tell him to get him back on my side?
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Eternity807
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:36 AM

I don't have any advice for you but I feel for you.  My DH is the same or worse.  He's been pushing my to quit since the beginning.  DD is just over 5 months old.  :(  Good luck mama and stick to it.  I refuse to quit even though DH doesn't support me and makes crappy comments about me starving DD. 

Cassie2115
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:39 AM
:( dh isn't overly mean about it. I just want to get him to understand

Quoting Eternity807:

I don't have any advice for you but I feel for you.  My DH is the same or worse.  He's been pushing my to quit since the beginning.  DD is just over 5 months old.  :(  Good luck mama and stick to it.  I refuse to quit even though DH doesn't support me and makes crappy comments about me starving DD. 

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Quoting Cassie2115: Dh was there when I pumped before work yesterday and saw that I got less than two oz
Normal output is half an ounce to two ounces.
(I have a nasty cold and am having a hard time staying hydrated) and starts in on me that she's not getting enough and that's why she's crabby at night for him.
No, she's crabby at nbight for him because he is Not The Momma. As far as baby is concerned, he's supposed to be out hunting mammoth. (Yes, babies are more like our caveman ancestors than modern man!)
All day when she nurses she's fine. I tried explaining that bm has a lot more calories and changes with baby's needs. She gets 4 oz formulA at bedtime which is usually half bm so 2 oz formula (it works for us- been doing it for 4 months now).
Uhhh... the formula may actually be what's making her crabby. That's hard on the tummy. I'd consider dropping it and seeing what happens.
I've told him to not give her any more so her stomach doesn't stretch. He's becoming less supportive now. He's said he wants me to stop at 6 months. Not happening. What else can I tell him to get him back on my side?

Calculate the cost of full time formula feeding. Then tell him he can have that amount of money at one year for WHATEVER HE WANTS.. but he may not say another word.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
My dh was an easy sell. He loves research and facts. After reading the document "101 Reasons to Breastfeed" there was just no ground for any argument.
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:22 AM
My dh was actually the one that brought up breastfeeding. He supports breastfeeding and hates formula. I agree with him. Why give our kids something that is expensive and not healthy?
KarenM42
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Tell him that you will be more than happy to switch to formula as soon as he is able to find research (from a reputable source) that states the benefits of formula over breastfeeding.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN