Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

baby will not grow if giving 1oz an hour

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:41 PM
  • 16 Replies
Of breast milk is this true? I told my mil that bf basis need 1oz an hour abd she says the baby wouldn't grow then !my mil gave my son a 5.5ox bottle while I was gone. Even thought I told her to just give him 4oz
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Of course it's not true! There are many babies on here that's proven that false. However she might be confused thinking you literally only give baby 1oz then wait an hour and give 1 oz, etc. that's not how it is. It's one oz per hr away from you. 

Hoevegirl1986
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:55 PM
Ok is 5.5ox to much for a 3 month old?
ceckyl
by Kyla on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
5.5 oz is too much for ANY age. By a lot.

Quoting Hoevegirl1986: Ok is 5.5ox to much for a 3 month old?
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Look up "Bottlefeeding the Breastfed Baby" on kellymom.com. Good information there, and uou might want to print off a copy for MIL.
Hoevegirl1986
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Ok thank you
Hoevegirl1986
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:23 PM

i did lasttime she babysat and she said oh i already do that you always feed a baby that way!  rolls eyes

Quoting MusherMaggie: Look up "Bottlefeeding the Breastfed Baby" on kellymom.com. Good information there, and uou might want to print off a copy for MIL.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Aren't these the same in-laws who you're supposed to disbelieve even if they say the sky is blue? I remember your problems with them the last time.

Hoevegirl1986
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:49 PM
Yes same ones. I'm just upset bc I told her to give Jay 4oz not 5.5oz and she doesn't believe me when I tell her stuff abut my kids I have to get a Dr note for her to believe anything

Quoting gdiamante:

Aren't these the same in-laws who you're supposed to disbelieve even if they say the sky is blue? I remember your problems with them the last time.

Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't let her baby sit again until she read the correct information and acknowledge she was wrong
justone_jen
by Jen on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Uh, no. You just have to find a sitter who respects you.

Quoting Hoevegirl1986: Yes same ones. I'm just upset bc I told her to give Jay 4oz not 5.5oz and she doesn't believe me when I tell her stuff abut my kids I have to get a Dr note for her to believe anything
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN