Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

awkwardddd

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:53 PM
  • 9 Replies

Tonight at work I was the only supervisor available from 630pm on therefore I missed my break. It got to a point I just had to take my break but the other supervisor was still on a call (to fix an outage we were/are having) so I had to wear my wireless headset in the back while I pumped and take calls. lol I only got one call thankfully and it was easy but still awkward.

BTW- I work in a call center doing tech support. As a supervisor I take calls from our agents to assist or do things they do not have access to or if our customers are irate and request a supervisor. The call I took was from an agent needing me to do something he didnt have access to and only took 30sec. He sits right next to me so knew I was in the back. lol

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Moms know how to multitask!
KarenM42
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:42 PM
I used to pump on break while eating my lunch and talking to my best friend on the phone.
TurtleMami
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:46 AM
I'm jelly. Pumping sucked for me. Or actually, it didn't, because it stopped my milk production.
MinaPR
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:28 AM

Julia is right! Multitasking becomes second nature the moment you become a mom! LOL!!

Quoting Precious333: Moms know how to multitask!

NCJen84
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:46 AM

I pump while sitting in my office area. I am a public safety dispatcher. I just lock the door and go on with business. A lot of times I dont get a break

kman88
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:00 AM

I usually talk to my mom and eat lunch while I pump but thats not so weird to me...working while I pump thats kinda weird lol.

Quoting KarenM42: I used to pump on break while eating my lunch and talking to my best friend on the phone.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Oh yeah that would be awkward.  I pump in my classroom at lunch with a black out piece on the window and dont bother to lock the door because that causes more trouble than its worth..people LOVE to come in and walk while I pump.  I'm like ok fine hope it doesnt make you uncomfy.  

kman88
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:57 PM

do you have a cover?? that would be weird... I have pumped with a blanket covering me infront of my BF, mom, and sister but anyone else I would be to shy.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Oh yeah that would be awkward.  I pump in my classroom at lunch with a black out piece on the window and dont bother to lock the door because that causes more trouble than its worth..people LOVE to come in and walk while I pump.  I'm like ok fine hope it doesnt make you uncomfy.  

HSingMomto6Kids
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

When I make telephone calls at home I try to wait until I get done pumping.  A few times I've had to after being on hold.  I just try turning the pump. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)