Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tongue tie. ...pretty sure my kids is genetic

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:14 PM
  • 17 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

This is my tongue. .not sure if it is a tie but I cant stick it very far out with out pain. Oh well 26 years this way.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Yes, definitely. And they do tend to be hereditary.
MomTastic4
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:20 PM

I don't think you have one. The only way to know for sure, though, is to have a dentist look at it and determine if it is one or not and he can clip it if it is causing too many problems. My DD1 has/had an upper lip tie (same concept as tongue tie, just upper lip) and she would not breastfeed. 

Seximama23
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:33 PM
My youngest has an upper lip tie for sure and ibam pretty confident he has a posterior tongue tie as well because he loses latch and clicks while nursing

Quoting MomTastic4:

I don't think you have one. The only way to know for sure, though, is to have a dentist look at it and determine if it is one or not and he can clip it if it is causing too many problems. My DD1 has/had an upper lip tie (same concept as tongue tie, just upper lip) and she would not breastfeed. 

MomTastic4
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:36 PM

From what I have been told, a dentist can clip it and things should get better. Unfortunately, I knew nothing about lip or tongue ties when I had my DD1 so i never had hers clipped or anything. But if it is definitely interfering with eating habits, I would get it checked out and look into options to get it fixed.

Quoting Seximama23: My youngest has an upper lip tie for sure and ibam pretty confident he has a posterior tongue tie as well because he loses latch and clicks while nursing
Quoting MomTastic4:

Seximama23
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Thats I what i am working on.

Quoting MomTastic4:

From what I have been told, a dentist can clip it and things should get better. Unfortunately, I knew nothing about lip or tongue ties when I had my DD1 so i never had hers clipped or anything. But if it is definitely interfering with eating habits, I would get it checked out and look into options to get it fixed.

Quoting Seximama23: My youngest has an upper lip tie for sure and ibam pretty confident he has a posterior tongue tie as well because he loses latch and clicks while nursing

Quoting MomTastic4:

MomTastic4
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:42 PM

I wish I had known about lip ties when my DD1 was born. I would have been able to breastfeed. I am so mad I wasn't able to. I gave up too quickly.

Quoting Seximama23: Thats I what i am working on.
Quoting MomTastic4:

Quoting MomTastic4:

iSMILEheCRIES
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:39 AM
I believe they run in families. My dh has the grossest, thickest ult I have ever seen. And our dd has one too
Seximama23
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Both my boys are tied...not sure if I am...or even hubby but his cousin had a ptt

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES: I believe they run in families. My dh has the grossest, thickest ult I have ever seen. And our dd has one too
PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:25 PM

I'm getting my own tie (looks very similar to yours) fixed next monthish.  Whenever this baby decides to make an appearance lol.  We're taking her up to Dr Ghaheri in Portland, I'm very excited to see the benefits!

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:31 PM
He has a tongue tie. You can clearly see it. Not all dentists are smart and know this

Quoting MomTastic4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)