Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newbie here!!!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:39 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am 22 weeks pregnant with DD2 and I plan on EBF her. However, if DH doesn't get an AWESOME paying job, I will eventually have to go back to work. If so, I will have to supplement with bottles (but absolutely no formula). When is it ok to introduce bottles? I planned on at LEAST one month before bottles. Would that be too soon?

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
nikimom926
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:50 PM
My DD was in the NICU for 8 days after birth and had trouble latching. We decided to give her pumped milk in a bottle so we could take her home. She would latch with a nipple shield only at first but we switched to a Tommie Tippie bottle and she got the hang of latching on to the breast. If your DD gets the hang of breastfeeding you should be fine with a bottle.
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:11 PM
Hello and congrats! :)
When you do introduce a bottle, make sure that it is someone else giving the bottle, not you :)
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Also, dont introduce a bottle until breastfeeding is established.
gdiamante
by Gina on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Quoting MomTastic4:

I am 22 weeks pregnant with DD2 and I plan on EBF her. However, if DH doesn't get an AWESOME paying job, I will eventually have to go back to work.

That's fine. The most successful nursing moms I've known worked full time or more. 

If so, I will have to supplement with bottles (but absolutely no formula). When is it ok to introduce bottles?

The first time you need to leave baby. YOU don't introduce the bottle. Someone else does while you leave the house.

I planned on at LEAST one month before bottles. Would that be too soon?

A month is fine. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)