Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

mobywrap...

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:03 PM
  • 19 Replies
Do any of u mommys use the moby wrap? Going on a small vacation this week and considering getting that for my 11 week old...
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I used one similar to that with my firstborn. Its great when they are small :) i use a ring sling or ergo
BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:10 PM

I liked my ring sling at that age, and I hated my moby after 3 months. I'd invest in a mei tei or a ring sling.

hip2it
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:14 PM
I've loved my moby until very recently. He's 15 pounds and almost five months and it kills my back now. And it's really hot.
NDAUGHERTY
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Im thinking ill pass then. I knew someone that was selling one for 20$ seemed like a deal but not if I wont get much use.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:03 AM
2 moms liked this
I made my own so it was much stronger than a moby. I was able to use it until ds was almost a year and a half old before it started to sag. It's just fabric. Mine was five yards long and cost five dollars.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurtleMami
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:42 AM
I tried a sling my mom had from my little brother. I just didn't feel comfortable. I ended up with an Ergo which was worth every single cent. My son is 14 months and 20lbs. If anything happened to my Ergo right now I would go out sell his crib and buy another tomorrow. I love it that much.

I've heard Moby's are great but can get hot. That's all I can say.
shortyali
by Alicia on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:05 AM
I wish that I had bought a Mei tai with my DD instead of the moby. They hold weight longer and are a lot easier to use IMO. I got the Mei tai with DS2 and I can wear DD on my back with it like she isn't there, she's around 25lbs. DS2 loves being in my back in it and when I can wear him in the front, it's so easy to nurse in.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:08 AM
I use both. I like the stretchy one for the smaller baby and for nursing. I use the mei tai for the middle one and when I go out with the stroller.

Quoting shortyali: I wish that I had bought a Mei tai with my DD instead of the moby. They hold weight longer and are a lot easier to use IMO. I got the Mei tai with DS2 and I can wear DD on my back with it like she isn't there, she's around 25lbs. DS2 loves being in my back in it and when I can wear him in the front, it's so easy to nurse in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:49 AM
I used my moby for a little while After ds was born but in the summer it gets too hot for it & its not the easiest to put on, (like for running around, in & out) but it is comfortable. We use a ergo now. And it goes all the way up to 40 lbs!!!!
boolie79
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:18 AM
Looooove my moby!!! However ds is 18lbs at almost 6 months. Gotta find something else. $20 for that moby is a great deal. If your lo is only 11 weeks old you will get use out of it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)