Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

This might sound weird...but...

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:23 AM
  • 11 Replies
Can someone take a pic of how they effectively co-sleep for me? I have been trying it with my 5 week old and I'll wake up to his face either smothered into my body(not sure if he can breathe well) or with his mittens on his hands right over his nose and mouth lying on his side...I don't know I just feel like so many do this there has to be a safer way? What am I doing wrong? Plus I can't get comfy myself for anything...how do I get a good nights sleep with him
Next to me? Thx!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thundersky
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:41 AM
2 moms liked this

when my DD2 was little like at she alway slept in the side car crib and most times still dose. if we happen to fall a sleep to gether while nursing im half laying on my side and half on my back( i have big boods so they fall into my arm pits) she lays on her side wraped around me like a pillow. when she is a sleep i then genty move her to the crib next to me. i then have my space but i can get to her at the sightest wimper.

I want to do this since we don't have an extra bedroom and the baby will have to sleep in our room, yet not technically in the same bed. :)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

We plan to sidecar but we wont be making new sheets, we will wrap the foam we use in a different sheet.

I sleep on my side and my guy rests his head on my arm as he gets older he truns way but generally the position my arm is in prevents me from rolling over.

isaacsmommy68
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:44 PM

We side car the crib too. He is now 21 months and still in it. there is only about 2 " lower than our mattress. He sometimes sleeps half in his bed and half in mine. lol

Quoting thundersky:

when my DD2 was little like at she alway slept in the side car crib and most times still dose. if we happen to fall a sleep to gether while nursing im half laying on my side and half on my back( i have big boods so they fall into my arm pits) she lays on her side wraped around me like a pillow. when she is a sleep i then genty move her to the crib next to me. i then have my space but i can get to her at the sightest wimper.

I want to do this since we don't have an extra bedroom and the baby will have to sleep in our room, yet not technically in the same bed. :)

illegallyblonde
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Check out cosleeping.nd.edu

Dr. McKenna is the leading expert on safe cosleeping. Look at the FAQ parts.
Mommy_Natural
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

This is my little guy right now. He is 11 days old and so funny. He eats and then when done he unlatches and uses my boob as a pillow. I'm sure the bigger he gets we will have to adjust. I also have his rock and play right next to my bed. If I'm awake I do put him in that after nursing. However in the middle of the night I usually just fall asleep.
Twix.Leigh
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

She lays on her side facing me to eat, and sometimes unlatches and uses my boob as a pillow (as pictured here) but if she just falls asleep then I gently roll her into her back, and back up a bit from her. Though in the last few days she seems to really enjoy using my boob as a pillow and staying cuddled right close to me.
GodsAmiga
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

For me I would start out always having the baby in my arm while I laid on my back. When they started moving enough to snuggle in too closely I would wait for them to fall asleep and then turn them onto their side facing the other way and I would basically do the spoons position with my arm over them to keep them from turning all the way over. With that being said what works for me may not for you. I am a really light sleeper so the smallest movement by them and I wake up.

MumB
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Wow!! This is awesome!! Thx for the pics and directions...I need to out hubby to work! That does seem much safer! Great idea because I have a high bed too!

Quoting thundersky:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumB
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:26 PM
Thanks guys these are all great ideas I can try...love the spooning idea too! I'll do that tonight...I appreciate your pics they totally help..I wish I had big enough boob pillows..my poor son is deprived! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iSMILEheCRIES
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I only cosleep for naps. I used to have a hard time getting comfortable too and what helped me was lowering baby. I hold her against my side ad her head on my arm. Well before I was uncomfortable because my shoulder was too high up. Now I keep baby's head about boob high and it's awesome. I can sleep on my side or wiggle onto my back. I also lay her in the bed kinda sideways and let her rest her feet on me and she seems to like that
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)