Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Question about "Colic Calm"....

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:11 AM
  • 11 Replies
So my ped recommended Colic Calm for my son who cries most of the day...I got it last night and it seems to be working...my question is has anybody else had good reslilts from
it and should I give it daily even if he seems happy to keep the "magical" ingredients in his system?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RVTMommy
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I tried it with ds and never noticed a difference with him. He started crying nonstop at around 3 weeks old and went till about 3 1/2 months. I'd say if it's working keep using it. I know a lot of the hardcore mom's on here will talk about ruining the vigin gut by introducing anything but breastmilk prior to 6 months old but as a survivor of 2 colicky babies I know how horrible it is. You do what works and what helps you get through those first few months. Good luck mama! It DOES get better. My youngest is now 9 months and is so happy it's ridiculous. He is still a little fireball but his personality is awesome!
MumB
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Good to know! And oops too late on the virgin gut cuz he's already had probiotics, colic calm, and gas drops! Hey whatever helps the kid and makes him happy right!...oh and he is breast fed but I have given formula to top off in the past too...I sure hope this stuff helps and I'm sorry you had two colicky babies...this is my second one too but never heard of the colic calm with my first...so just wanted to see what results people have had with it...thx for your response and hopefully it does wonders like it claims!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 13, 2014 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Are you still doing the formula? Beause we've seen it cause cranky colicky babies, and you want to make sure you eliminate that possibility.

I've heard good things about the Colic Calm.

hip2it
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:43 AM
I've had success with colic calm.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I think the formula is causing the problem. The more you nurse, the more milk you will make. Offer the breast at every wiggle. If he is going through 6-8 diapers in twenty four hours with at least two quarter sized poops, he's getting plenty. Fussiness is his way of building supply up.

On the other hand, if he is fussy at the breast, gasping and unlatching, overactive letdown/oversupply is probably the culprit. That can be handled by reclined nursing; you lean back, he goes tummy-to-tummy with you vertically rather than horizontally, mouth over rather than under the nipple. Kellymom.com has more information on how to manage this.
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't give my baby gripe water. I'm surprised a ped recommended that.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 13, 2014 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
My pediatrician once recommended I give my colicky newborn KOOL AID. His opinion was that the sucrose in gripe water was what "helped" with the mood and Kool aid was cheaper and easier to get a hold of.

Quoting stepconfused182: I wouldn't give my baby gripe water. I'm surprised a ped recommended that.
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh you've gotta be kidding me! Although, I do put the two of those products at about the same level.

Quoting mostlymaydays: My pediatrician once recommended I give my colicky newborn KOOL AID. His opinion was that the sucrose in gripe water was what "helped" with the mood and Kool aid was cheaper and easier to get a hold of.

Quoting stepconfused182: I wouldn't give my baby gripe water. I'm surprised a ped recommended that.
MumB
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 6:23 PM
No I'm not doing formula...I did for the first few weeks if life but no more...I make way too much milk now which could be why he is colicky but I started the colic calm and it helps so much! I didn't think it would but he calms down almost in minutes it's awesome! So thumbs up to this product ...the probiotics also may be what's helping too but thanks for your response😀

Quoting gdiamante:

Are you still doing the formula? Beause we've seen it cause cranky colicky babies, and you want to make sure you eliminate that possibility.

I've heard good things about the Colic Calm.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumB
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 6:24 PM
OMG! I don't know where they come up with these things! Lol

Quoting mostlymaydays: My pediatrician once recommended I give my colicky newborn KOOL AID. His opinion was that the sucrose in gripe water was what "helped" with the mood and Kool aid was cheaper and easier to get a hold of.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN